Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm only level 12 but working on getting it up quicker, few handy moves I want to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm only level 12 but working on getting it up quicker, few handy moves I want to unlock.

Umm if you want you can climb the big bridge and sleep at the top until night. Then run and jump across the top section for a bit and you will level agility to max very quickly.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Umm if you want you can climb the big bridge and sleep at the top until night. Then run and jump across the top section for a bit and you will level agility to max very quickly.

Cool will give that a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tried doing that but I was only getting 10-12xp per jump. Is that the max or should it be more?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Tried doing that but I was only getting 10-12xp per jump. Is that the max or should it be more?

Doubles at night. And do t at the top section irc there are 5 jumps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So just getting back into this, and it's just as good as i remember. Can't wait to level up a bit so i'm not trying to cave in skulls with a rusty pipe and a bit of electrical tape! I heard someone mention about gold weapons, were they there in the original?

I climbed the bridge about 6 times but couldn't find the safe house up there. Looked it up and supratentorial it unlocks after a certain quest to find light bulbs on the bridge, will check that out.

I found EXPcalibur which is wrecking zombies. Still finding really interesting side quests but must get back to the following.

Serious dose of '1 more quest' going on. Can't even seem to get back to The Following as I'm just cleaning up quests in the slums. Just helped a guy who's wife was having a baby.... Should have killed them all.

Saw I had a couple of 10000 Survivor points missions in Old Town so said I'd have a quick look. Turns out I have a ton of stuff there to do. Air drops, quests, quarantine zone, even had a safe house I didn't unlock bang in the the middle of the map, dunno why I hadn't unlocked it before. Found a great detective quest that turned everything black and whitish like I was back in the 50's trying to solve a case, dark ending but really good.

I'm actually happy just doing all these quests before getting back to the Following, best 20 quid I spent in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Saw I had a couple of 10000 Survivor points missions in Old Town so said I'd have a quick look. Turns out I have a ton of stuff there to do. Air drops, quests, quarantine zone, even had a safe house I didn't unlock bang in the the middle of the map, dunno why I hadn't unlocked it before. Found a great detective quest that turned everything black and whitish like I was back in the 50's trying to solve a case, dark ending but really good.

I'm actually happy just doing all these quests before getting back to the Following, best 20 quid I spent in ages!

Side quests are generally of a very high standard, I'd recommend you clean em all out before moving on with the following. They all give a unique slant on the story and some of them give a nice insight into the mayhem that must have been going down when the outbreak happened. Plus you'll almost certainly need them all if you want to max out your abilities.

• Advertisement

Side Quests in it are very good, Main missions seem to be just there to make you travel the world.

Another way of levelling up fat is the oul catch me if you can trick, basically running from safe house to safe house with volatile s chasing you, you can outrun them IF you dont run in a straight line.

Found the final mission in both games a bit meh.

Goddamn I love this game! Some brilliant quests in Old Town, the hotel was class. Trying to open a door only for a zombie to break out from the other side, slight whiff of Dead Island off it. Finding the bunker got me 60k worth of disaster packs for survivor points. Also finally found a shotgun in the back of a paddy wagon. Still never found a pistol though and a guy in the slums is still looking for one, one of my first quests.

Still never found a pistol though and a guy in the slums is still looking for one, one of my first quests.

This will annoy you greatly.
    Ever think to check in a police car boot?

This will annoy you greatly.
    Ever think to check in a police car boot?

I check everyone I come across man :pac: Must be really unlucky. I looked it up and it seems there is a pistol in a hut that I have already been for a side quest but I didn't see it, must trek back when I return to the slums.

I check everyone I come across man :pac: Must be really unlucky. I looked it up and it seems there is a pistol in a hut that I have already been for a side quest but I didn't see it, must trek back when I return to the slums.

I'm almost positive there's a guaranteed one in one of the safehouses not far from the tower apartment blocks. Its the safehouse thats made out of a petrol station.

I'm almost positive there's a guaranteed one in one of the safehouses not far from the tower apartment blocks. Its the safehouse thats made out of a petrol station.

Sound man, will check it out. Low priority atm anyway with the amount of points I'm getting from the quests in Old Town. I just found a baseball bat last night, hoping I can make Lucille from The Walking Dead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I have always loved the theme music and never tire of hearing it;

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/893102909755461632

Well that was the best 20 I've spent in a while, ending of the following was a bit blah but thoroughly enjoyed the journey. Still have a good bit to do and will spend plenty of time in Harran yet. Definitely will do back for the free download LC throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Took a break after completing the main game but just started back into The Following. Brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

i picked this up in the sale and played a bit of the tutorial section,really good so far anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

DKVHU16W0AE4aaq?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Out today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-12-07-dying-light-gets-a-battle-royale-inspired-pvp-expansion-called-bad-blood-in-2018

New PvP mode, Bad Blood announced. Bad Blood is only for six players, and it blends PvP with PvE. Here's how it works: you and five other players are dropped into a hostile, zombie-infested area. Each player has to evacuate before the night falls. You have to scavenge for weapons while harvesting blood samples from the infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Currently enjoying playing through this with a friend,some very funny moments when one or both of us get a fright

I actually yelped when a zombie came crashing through one of the wooden roofs the first night we were out.

Progress levelling is a tad slow and i do fear they will keep all the best perks and gadgets till near end game but so far enjoying it other than this little potential problem.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Currently enjoying playing through this with a friend,some very funny moments when one or both of us get a fright

I actually yelped when a zombie came crashing through one of the wooden roofs the first night we were out.

Progress levelling is a tad slow and i do fear they will keep all the best perks and gadgets till near end game but so far enjoying it other than this little potential problem.

Do the side missions and try get as many drops as you can.

Or if you feel brave survive the night in one complete free run, mega bonus points for that.

Start at the main base and run around it, loads of benches for agility points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I picked this up recently on steam to play with a friend. Great fun, really satisfying brutal combat & physics. Just wish they dropped all the story/character stuff as it's genuinely awful. Would've been better investing that back into more gameplay to keep it fresh. Not all games need stories & VAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I picked this up recently on steam to play with a friend. Great fun, really satisfying brutal combat & physics. Just wish they dropped all the story/character stuff as it's genuinely awful. Would've been better investing that back into more gameplay to keep it fresh. Not all games need stories & VAs.

Id agree,story is woeful so far. Once i got the initial gist ive just been skipping a lot of cutscenes. I think the game does need context though and ive seen enough just to get a understanding of the world so probably skim the story for the rest of the game.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Id agree,story is woeful so far. Once i got the initial gist ive just been skipping a lot of cutscenes. I think the game does need context though and ive seen enough just to get a understanding of the world so probably skim the story for the rest of the game.

Don't do this, story improves, side missions are well worth paying attention to.

I found the story to be reasonably decent the sides are brilliant, especially when you hit the 2nd area.

That kid one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I played the base game from start to finish and there is nothing of value in terms of story. Zombie outbreak, villain whose
    literally a villain for the sake of it by his own admission
    . Unlikeable protagonist who is just a lame Christ Redfield with no professionalism and all supporting cast seem to be constantly on their periods. I suspect the DLC area might have something a little bit better but I don't really care I'm just looking forward for more excuses to kill things with my friend but with a vehicle this time.

Advertisement