Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im not really seeing more than twist knob,pull lever and fetch quest type of stuff so that doesnt really pull me in.

Only 10 hrs or so in though so maybe that changes and context matters more

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This sounds interesting.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dying-light-bad-blood/dying-light-bad-blood-gameplay-footage
    Dying Light is the latest game to get into the battle royale business, though Techland have a much different take on the genre. Dying Light: Bad Blood is a standalone release with six-player matches where each survivor has to gather resources to defeat zombies and collect blood samples for a mysterious employer and to buy a seat on the helicopter out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Similar to their take on MOBA style genre with Epidemic.

And we all know where that ended up...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New free content out now

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/979037423014424576?s=19
    The Prison Heist will ask players to break into the armoury on Prison Island, solo or in co-op, as fast as humanly possible to reap the rewards. The quicker you are, the better the reward.

If you want to pay Sgt. Deathrow a visit, you'll find the Demolisher in Old Town. Described as "bigger, stronger, and more unpredictable" when compared to the previous Demolisher mutations, taking him down will shower you with XP.

And lastly, the seasonal Easter egg hunt shakes things up with a zombified bunny chase. Players can unlock the Cuck-a-doodle-do outfit by collecting 25 eggs.

If the community collects one million eggs, they'll unlock a gold-tier weapon. All players taking part will unlock a gold-tier weapon blueprint. The community bounty starts today and runs until April 3.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2018/03/29/dying-light-adds-location-mode-enemy-and-more-in-the-latest-update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

3 years on and still giving free content... That's how it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That prison heist sounds fun. Fair play devs in this. Can't recommend this game enough, especially when it hits sales. It's currently 20 on the psn fake for the following enhanced edition, such a steal at that price.

That looks class! I hope when the alarm goes off that the prison gets flooded with zombies that would mean insta death instead of just the mission ending.

New DLC coming out this Summer

• Advertisement

Wtf is that she where is dying Light 2. I can see it being pushed to next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

If that DLC is good I'm definitely getting it.

Gets more confusing. Presented to a crowd in 2013??

https://twitter.com/gamebowski/status/1255519729185443844?s=19

This must be a record.
    An expansion being added after what... 6 years or something?.
    Very unusual.

I have to say though the base game was really good. You genuinely felt like getting off the streets at night and saving until the next morning.
    It captured the atmosphere very well.

Dying light 2 reported to have big in house problems so this reeks of "remember that canned dlc? Let's dig it out and sell it to put more money towards 2". Nothing wrong with that, just hope 2 is high quality, seems like it's been ages since announced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd say Dying light 2 is being moved to next gen.

Hellraid dates back to 2013, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Iv never played dying light , good ya ? Might pick it up .

• Advertisement

brady12 wrote: »
    Iv never played dying light , good ya ? Might pick it up .

Amazing! Try get get the enhanced edition that comes with The Following DLC. Some of the best dlc i ever played, adds brilliant vehicle gameplay to it. The base game is currently on sale on psn for 14 euro and The Following is on sale for 10 euro.

CEX sale the enhanced edition for 22

Thinking about DL 2, said I'd install this again and instantly loving it all over again. I had a bunch of side quests left, never completed Bozak horde and never tried Prison heist. Such satisfying gameplay, hopefully Dying Light 2 makes it out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thinking about DL 2, said I'd install this again and instantly loving it all over again. I had a bunch of side quests left, never completed Bozak horde and never tried Prison heist. Such satisfying gameplay, hopefully Dying Light 2 makes it out this year.

What's prison heist?

What's prison heist?

New(ish) free dlc where you go to a prison and I'm not sure of the story but at some point an alarm goes off and you have to get the **** out of there. Before you escape, you come to a gear room and depending on how you fast your time was, you'll get access to better loot but are on a short timer to collect as much as possible depending on the difficulty you chose.

I haven't tried it yet so don't want to look it up, sounds tough. Just been getting back into the swing of things first before attempting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So I need some help,anyone managed to play their PS4 save on PS5?

I played the game a few years ago with a mate,got to just before old town and he quit. Then during lockdown I started again with a different mate,we just got to old town then he got a PS5 and his save won't work:(

If any one has managed to get it working I'd love to know how,im desperate try The Following with friends but I won't be starting again....

EoinHef wrote: »
    So I need some help,anyone managed to play their PS4 save on PS5?

I played the game a few years ago with a mate,got to just before old town and he quit. Then during lockdown I started again with a different mate,we just got to old town then he got a PS5 and his save won't work:(

If any one has managed to get it working I'd love to know how,im desperate try The Following with friends but I won't be starting again....

Yupp mine worked fine but i had to go into saved files, cloud storage, find dying light and move to console. Loaded the game and gave me the continue option straight away.

EoinHef wrote: »
    ,im desperate try The Following with friends but I won't be starting again....

You lucky bastard.

Loved that game but played it too much to the point that i willingly went out at night with my bag of <insert special weapon name here> machete and could chop the volatiles up with ease, case in point (EoinHef dont read)
    in the following there are volatile nests to clear, I cleared one at night

Flex over.

actually just thinking about it if you dont save your save you can rip tru the story and get max level very quickly, its not a long game if you know what to do, think I have 3 play trus due to others starting and I dont like being OP in other peoples games.

I just read that Crane's room at the tower gets updated with trophies from main and side missions, never knew about that.

Even after the main missions and the following, I'm still only like level 19 across survivor, agility and power so haven't even unlocked legend skills. Is the best way to rank up by going out at night? Been so long since i played, i forget the mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I just read that Crane's room at the tower gets updated with trophies from main and side missions, never knew about that.

Even after the main missions and the following, I'm still only like level 19 across survivor, agility and power so haven't even unlocked legend skills. Is the best way to rank up by going out at night? Been so long since i played, i forget the mechanics.

Yeah you get mad points for getting into and out of chases at night time if I recall properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

One thing I really loved about Dying Light, was that it was first created as a single player game and later added MP. It showed in the game, whereas unlike other games which plan MP from the start the SP always takes a hit in some way, shape or form. I hope they remember this with DL2, because DL was one of the best games of the last decade. And it still holds up. And still giving free content (albeit few and far between these days, but still!).

Advertisement