Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I just read that Crane's room at the tower gets updated with trophies from main and side missions, never knew about that.

Even after the main missions and the following, I'm still only like level 19 across survivor, agility and power so haven't even unlocked legend skills. Is the best way to rank up by going out at night? Been so long since i played, i forget the mechanics.

Make sure you're playing in nightmare. It's punishing as you can lose progress towards a level but it's ten times the experience of normal difficulty (twenty times during the night). If you team up with someone else, it's an extra 10% per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I just read that Crane's room at the tower gets updated with trophies from main and side missions, never knew about that.

Even after the main missions and the following, I'm still only like level 19 across survivor, agility and power so haven't even unlocked legend skills. Is the best way to rank up by going out at night? Been so long since i played, i forget the mechanics.
    Just ended up buying it myself, save file was for bozak horde and couldn't even remember controls. Already was at legend level 3 and 1 full skill tree with the other 2 at level 22 and 20. Tempted to do new game plus

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I did a quarantine zone which i didn't do any before and found it great. I read a tip to change to nightmare mode before handing in drops, got a rake of xp, now at 22 survivor so 3 more for legend. Only problem is i can't change it back to any other difficulty. Read online how to do it by going to a quarantine zone, auto saving, quitting and then changing it but still not working. What's worse is i picked bozak horde as active quest so it loaded me in there, went out of it and started heading to a quarantine zone. Leapt off a building, shot my grappling hook..... No hook. Wtf! Barely alive, surrounded by zombies on nightmare mode, went to take out a weapon, no weapons!!.....Ah yeah, Bozak mission takes everything off you and you have to equip them again at a base. Disaster.

I want to try Prison on normal before starting a NG+ so still looking for a way to get it back to normal.

Eoin gimme a shout if you see me on for co-op, never tried it.

New event starting next week.
    https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1356995864556879882?s=19

I did a quarantine zone which i didn't do any before and found it great. I read a tip to change to nightmare mode before handing in drops, got a rake of xp, now at 22 survivor so 3 more for legend. Only problem is i can't change it back to any other difficulty. Read online how to do it by going to a quarantine zone, auto saving, quitting and then changing it but still not working. What's worse is i picked bozak horde as active quest so it loaded me in there, went out of it and started heading to a quarantine zone. Leapt off a building, shot my grappling hook..... No hook. Wtf! Barely alive, surrounded by zombies on nightmare mode, went to take out a weapon, no weapons!!.....Ah yeah, Bozak mission takes everything off you and you have to equip them again at a base. Disaster.

I want to try Prison on normal before starting a NG+ so still looking for a way to get it back to normal.

Eoin gimme a shout if you see me on for co-op, never tried it.

New event starting next week.
    https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1356995864556879882?s=19
    Yeah I noticed after leaving bozak horde that I had no weapons. Want to try prison too but will probably mess around for a bit to get familiar. Should be online later on anyway

Just spent 40 minutes going through the prison (which i was not ready for at all), got to the end boss, a demolisher and couldn't beat him. Spent 20+ minutes hitting him with 30+ exploding stars, grenades, bullets, molotovs and nothing. I googled it and apprently he can glitch where he becomes invincible. Had to quit back to the main game, no prison loot for me, won't be doing that again anytime soon, maybe only in co-op. It is a great level in fairness but that was a ****ty way to end it.

At least I managed to get back to normal mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah he's very strong. You could be hitting him all day with a machete, but using the shotgun on him when you're a few legend levels up and he drops very fast.

Monotype wrote: »
    Yeah he's very strong. You could be hitting him all day with a machete, but using the shotgun on him when you're a few legend levels up and he drops very fast.

Saw other people online mention a similar experience with random demolishers throughout the game, not just prison, where they seemed invincible until they quit and reloaded the game and then went down easy. I hit this fella with 60+ explosives and nothing.

It took me 35 minutes to get to him and i read you need to finish it in 7 minutes to get gold loot :pac:

I'm debating whether to start ng+ or playing through the following again. Might do the following first as I'm mad to give the buggy another go and then do ng+. That way i should be in a good position to still okay the event happening later this week on my main save.

This game has some staying power

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I havnt played it since it released, is it worth rebuying yeah?

ASOT wrote: »
    I havnt played it since it released, is it worth rebuying yeah?

Well. I've already completed it twice and it's out 6 years, still most fun I've had gaming in months. I love zombie games like dead Island but the parkour in this is game changing. The speed you can get across the map, stringing together zombie kills doesn't get boring, for me anyway.

Well worth the 12 quid atm and if you enjoy it, keep a look out for The Following to go on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Well. I've already completed it twice and it's out 6 years, still most fun I've had gaming in months. I love zombie games like dead Island but the parkour in this is game changing. The speed you can get across the map, stringing together zombie kills doesn't get boring, for me anyway.

Well worth the 12 quid atm and if you enjoy it, keep a look out for The Following to go on sale.

You can get the whole lot on cd keys for just over a tenner. An unbelievable deal.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dying-light-the-following-enhanced-edition-pc-cd-key-steam

I'm debating whether to start ng+ or playing through the following again. Might do the following first as I'm mad to give the buggy another go and then do ng+. That way i should be in a good position to still okay the event happening later this week on my main save.

This game has some staying power
    Just to note, there is no new game plus for the Following

Just to note, there is no new game plus for the Following

Yeah saw that alright but I'm ok just playing through it again, I'm sure i can use my current stats and then that will stay with me into ng+ then.

Restarted The Following in Hard, Jesus is tough and i forgot about how many zombies there are in the fields. My car is choc full of upgrades though, might as well be ng+. Definitely getting more xp but also dying more.

I forgot how fun the buggy is, fecking class!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

after several failed and aborted attempt to get into this over the years, I think it's finally clicked. I always know when this happens as I'm awake at 2:30 am staring at the ceiling thinking about the game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Seeing this thread keep getting comments is making me want to install it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I just reinstalled myself. I was actually just watching an old Angry Joe review and saw he used a boards users YouTube clip in his review. The user was ktulu. Pretty cool he used his clip. Looking forward to getting back into it now!

New update on PS4, around 10.7Gb

New update on PS4, around 10.7Gb

Said new outfits and weapons but i didn't see anything, must be staged for the event starting tomorrow.

Said new outfits and weapons but i didn't see anything, must be staged for the event starting tomorrow.
    Event must be big if the update is 10gb. Haven't checked yet as have other updates downloading or copying. I thought copying was a thing of the past.

• Advertisement

Ah doesn't look anything special. Will there actually be xp boosts or new goals,/challenges? The Viking thing looks fun but i saw bundles are usually 3 euro so no thanks if that's the same.

Ah doesn't look anything special. Will there actually be xp boosts or new goals,/challenges? The Viking thing looks fun but i saw bundles are usually 3 euro so no thanks if that's the same.

From reddit
    It’s back. Lunar event is now LIVE until February 17.

Community Goal: Keep Nian At Bay

Help the community kill 7M zombies with Trap Bombs

Community Reward:

3x King Mods

Personal Goal: Celebrate with a Bang

Kill 50 zombies with Trap Bombs

Personal Reward:

Gold Leaping Tiger Dao Sword

Requirements for killing zombies:

Players must use Shrapnel Trap Bomb, Exploding Trap Bomb, Toxic Trap Bomb, or the Fireworks (given daily by the QM during the event)

If you do not wish to participate, you can turn off events here:

Main Menu>Options>Online>Community Event Participation>Turn to OFF

Free Ox Warrior DLC

https://imgur.com/a/De61j9g

Contains:

New Ox Warrior outfit

New Ox Canon shotgun

Description

A new lunar year has begun, brining is into the Year of the Ox, a time to celebrate such virtues as Strength, honesty, and patience. Needless to say, all these qualities are indispensable in a world taken over by zombies, so we plan to give them a place of honor. Become an Ox warrior, and purge Harran of the infected with a new shotgun that will obliterate enemies standing in your way, setting on fire those who by some miracle, survive the blast.

Ah that's a bit better but trap bombs sounds boring.

New weapon docket available for Dragons Breath Bow. I have done this before but seems you can get some free high level weapons from their social media time to time.

https://dockets.dyinglightgame.com

Link your gaming platform account

Copy and paste this:

龙之息

New weapon docket available for Dragons Breath Bow. I have done this before but seems you can get some free high level weapons from their social media time to time.

https://dockets.dyinglightgame.com

Link your gaming platform account

Copy and paste this:

龙之息

Thanks for that. Yeah I remember redeeming a pile of these dockets years ago. Majority of the codes have expired anyway

Got the 50 kills, actually a lot of fun and my power rank jumped 2 levels. Don't forget to 'purchase' the free Ox Bundle on the store for the new shotgun and outfit. The shotgun is actually class, one shot but 900+ damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So I installed this last night and I'm hooked again. It joins 3 other games to have gotten more than 3 playthroughs: Soul Reaver 1 & 2 and Defiance. I thought that after all this time, surely it would be showing its age, but it's not. The movement is slow at the beginning, but I remember how much of a boss you get at it, and it moves up quite quick. The combat is satisfying, just need to get some better blueprints. The voice acting is really good, character design and animations are still really good, and better than a lot of more modern games I've played. Techland just blew it out of the park with this. If FPS melee/shooting games are your thing, and you don't mind the zombie genre, this is the pinnacle of this type of game (most FPS melee based games too).

Looking forward to going through it again. No interest in the MP side of things though, but you got to respect the random event they pull out after 6 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think what turned me of it before was how weak you are at the beginning plus I prefer shooting stuff but it's really making more sense this time around. I've never been so excited to find a piece of string in a video game.

Advertisement