Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone up for some Dying Light co-op in PlayStation some evening. I never gave it a proper go and heard it was a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'll be around anyway, just need to redownload it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I'm only about a third of the way through the campaign, but be up for some co-op over the weekend

Cool, can try the event that's live at the moment as well as trying to take on volatiles at night. Give me a shout when you have it installed.

• Advertisement

Class, I'll be on about half 10 if you're still on.

Could try the prison heist as well, i only haired it once and the last boss turned out to be bugged and invincible. Put me off trying out again solo.

On now with Eoin of anyone else wants to join.

That was a bit of a bust. I was hoping for a fun challenge but we did the Prison (I think on Normal) and it was frustratingly difficult. Countless deaths because of way too many armed enemies and then way too many infected, getting swarmed every few seconds with not enough resources on us. Wasn't a fraction of that when I tried it solo so was a bit shyte. As fun as the game is, it has aged quite a bit. I'm still really looking forward to the new game with the improvements like no firearms in the game which is a relief as shooting and enemies with guns are definitely one of the weakest parts of the game.

Yeah this game was clearly built for single player with coop added afterwards. The controls also aren't the greatest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Would you not need to be fully tooled up with guns for the prison?

Iirc correctly I couldn't go near it till had a decent amount of guns and ammo

Yeah we went in without proper preparation. I had only shotgun, bow and crossbow as my ranged weapons. I had a lot more in my stash

I forgot many gun goons there were in it and we had just been arsing around beforehand and let's go to prison without much thought. Yeah, you definitely need to be prepared for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How was the melee combat in this ?

Really good, ton of different weapons, brytal combat, blades can slice heads clean off while blunt weapons can break bones, very satisfying.

Posted this in the humour thread but a bit behind it Eoin, at the end you can hear another crash and that was the car that fell out of the sky. So random and scared the **** out of me, thought something crazy was attacking us :D

I uninstalled the game last night thinking I had my fill until DL 2 but installing it again now as I want to start a brand new game on the highest difficulty, see how I get on. I tried it recently with the Following and was so **** tough but want to go back and experience the story again. Will probably uninstall again after my first rage quit but at least I have fast Internet now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cool, I was watching a lad play DL 2 the other day and it looks like you parry attacks , I'm guessing you can't do that in the first one?

Nope, you can equip a shield but I'm fairly sure that's solely to block.

Started my nightmare playthrough and forgot how great the start is, learning the ropes, meeting people and helping survivors. Also forgot how slow you are and lacking so many parkour and combat moves. The zombies aren't even worth fighting and that's the only downer at the moment. I can take a few hits from zombies but they take far too long to kill. It should be the other easy around, make them more freshly to me but let me still take them down with a few smashes to the skull.

Spent so long in end game, i forgot the characters and story going on and as they seemed to be mentioned in DL2 with rumours of a DL1 character popping up in it, it's good to get a fresher. Absolutely not looking forward to nighttime on nightmare.

Nightmare was a bust. I had a very early quest to take out 4 bandits and couldn't do it. The constant restarting a few miles down the road annoyed me too much so I quit. Instead went with NG+ (which i never saw because it only appears in the advanced settings for new game when your save isn't on a dlc mission, awful coding) which is brilliant. Went with Hard Difficulty and all my skills and weapons. I'm 2-3 shotting zombies during the day but can't take on Virals at night so that's exactly what I wanted. Bit worried of burnot before Dying Light 2 though so not sure how much I'll play or if I'll just zip to The Following as the ending of that may play into DL 2.

For anyone who hasn't played DL, I can't recommend it enough. The base game and The Following for 12 quid on PSN at the moment is a steal.

• Advertisement

Edit: wrong thread but unable to delete post or video from my phone for some reason.

Looks great on old gen.

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DL1 got a free PS5 Update this, Xbox to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Been playing a bit of the following dlc on PS5 this week,have to say the next gen upgrade is very nice,balanced mode is the perfect mix of visuals and framerate for me. Its also free I'll add.

Has givin the game a bit of new life for me,fair play to techland for still supporting the game

It's a pity Dying Light 2 couldn't recapture the magic of the first game.

I've been tempted to buy DL2 sometimes but keep hearing bad things about it. I'm guessing after a year or two it will be much better game

I'm about 12 hours into it but haven't touched it since the first 2 weeks of release. Tempted to trade it in as GS are giving 44 cred or 50 towards Saints Row until end of May. Might go back to it to try clear it. The story is awful and so are the characters. I don't want to help ANYONE. With the first game, it was great helping people survive. This it's like, no, i have no interest in your stupid task.

I'd definitely hold out for more updates, price drop. It was my most hyped game going into 2022 and it's been my most disappointing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I took a month off DL2 and came back to finish it recently. It's grand.... I think one of the issues is the night time is too easy, in the first game that was proper scary and a real challenge, not so in DL2. As mentioned, it is also v buggy still, I think when I returned to it I had about 8 missions left, around 5 of them glitched on me, not quite game breaking, an exit and reload fixed each time, but massively immersion breaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't recall any game breaking bugs or glitched missions, but I'll echo the bad story and characters. I too cared not a jot about any of them. And yes, there's very little pants wetting moments like the first one had for basically night time until end game. It's a brilliant, fun parkour action game. Just doesn't have the story to keep it altogether. I powered through to the end and traded it in. It'll be cheap or free again at some point, and I'll pick it up again to play the alternative path.

The first was definitely better.

Advertisement