Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing this on the Steam Deck at the moment (runs great) and I'm around four-five hours in. I'm level five in the parkour and combat 'trees', and currently doing the story missions where you're a debt collector for some horrible bastid.

My question is: any tips for combat? I find the melee combat frustrating so far, especially against humans. I have some good blueprints unlocked by not much in the way of supplies yet. No guns or anything - using throwing stars to dispatch the exploding zombies.

I'm guessing at this stage I'm better off avoiding combat where possible, but there are also a fair amount of times where I don't really have any option other than fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bow and arrow is great for early stealth when you get it.

Aim for headsots even with melee weapons.

Use kick a lot, knock enemies down or least keep them off you a bit.

Also the sidestep is handy,very useful for larger enemies with big weapons so don't sleep on it.

Shoulder charge and being able to finish a downed zombie with a kick were probably two favourite perks to unlock. Help massively in keeping things quiet.

In coop I found guns were king as with a few people you could always handle the zombies that showed up because of the noise,less so in solo,easier to get overwhelmed.

Good shout on the throwing weapons until you get the bow. You do pick a decent amount of them up so I used them early game too.

Got to the final boss of the following last week. Gave it two goes and nearly got them the second time but didn't have the time to try again. Must go back and finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I just bought them in a steam sale a few weeks ago and it's pretty good so far, I'm 5 hours in. The combat and movement feels nice. Thanks for the tips above, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Enjoy the underpowered feeling while it lasts, makes for great tense escapes. Great sense of progress as you unlock different perks, main thing is to use parkour and combat as much as possible to get xp from different moves. Also give night a go with the sole intention of escaping from chases. Soon you'll be the ones hunting them.

Guns come later and really only used for when you're fighting enemies with guns.

When you see a supply drop on your map, make a beeline for it and get it back to the quartermaster for a big xp boost.

Actually jealous you're getting to experience that new. And once you are finished, you'll have the exceptional The Following DLC to play. Just thinking about this game reminds me of how disappointing the sequel was.

Dying Light : The Following Enhanced Edition is currently 9 euro on psn. I was actually thinking of installing again to either play the prison raid or the following again. Absolute steal at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Dying light enhanced edition is also one of the free games this week on the epic games store..

I remember playing the standard edition to it a few years back but dont think i got very far before i got distracted by something else and never went back.. Is it worth playing through?

Absolutely, still holds up. The Following is one of my favourite dlc's for a game, just excellent fresh content in the form of a zombie wrecking buggy you can drive around a huge map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Anyone else having this "issue"?

Installed Dying Light on Epic about 2 days ago. No problem with the game itself.

But today I notice I cant find it in my Epic library anymore, doesnt show in the installed games list either. Only way to play it is on the quick launch tab, but even there it doesnt show "Dying Light", instead it shows on the far left, as attached, some weird name.

Spun this up again today and found i had an ng+ on progress in both the main story and the following. Gave each a quick go and was instantly having fun. It's mad how much the following added to it while still keeping the base game fun to play.

I really want to play on nightmare mode but the last few times I tried, the forced human encounters on main missions were way too tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I tried to give this another go but after a few hours i just gave up on it, found it boring fairly quickly running about the place and the combat was just massivley tedious. Out of breath after two swings and human enemies able to block/deflect forever, im sure once you level up alot more it becomes face roll, but even that sounds boring as **** to me.. Plus the characters are just annoying and the story done nothing to draw me in.. Uninstalled ☹️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, you are seriously underpowered at the start, but like you said, once you level up a good bit and unlock more moves/stamina, it gets a lot better. But can understand giving up too.

Advertisement