Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I just ran into my first screamer. It's a bit screwed up that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Have ye crafted any potions yet? I use the speed and night-vision ones, Speed is handy when light is fading. the night vision is also handy, saves using torch which can attract, em.........Zombies;-) Just can't put this game down.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

XBO and PS4 are so incredibly underpowered it's disgracefully ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

• Advertisement

• ^^Must try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

srumball wrote: »

You really notice the difference when your running like **** tryingbto escape zombies..

Good try..

Can you plug and play with youR pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Myself and the lads will be getting geared up for some night time missions later.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

srumball wrote: »

I seen this afew days back. Its just the LOD or draw distance set to low on PC, right ?. All other settings on high, or maxed out ?

What annoys me most of the PS4 version is lack of good AF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

You really notice the difference when your running like **** tryingbto escape zombies..

Good try..

Can you plug and play with youR pc?

Wow. You're mad bro.
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would try to dispute which is the more powerful machine, nor would they try imply better graphics are just as good as inferior graphics. No one was really having a sleight against console gaming. Someone actually tried to say PS4 looked better than pc (Ludicrous statement in itself) OP above was disproving said theory.
    Wind yo' neck in son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I have no doubt the PC version will look much better but is the above legit as that looks a bit far fetched. I didn't think the PS4 version looked as poor as that, I would believe the PC version looks far better but the PS4 one above looks more like a PS2...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

tony1980 wrote: »
    I have no doubt the PC version will look much better but is the above legit as that looks a bit far fetched. I didn't think the PS4 version looked as poor as that, I would believe the PC version looks far better but the PS4 one above looks more like a PS2...lol

That Gif was made from these pics, which were originally posted with this info "the locked View Distance setting on PS4 is actually equivalent to 0% on PC"

The Gif makes it look like PS4 is worse than PC on Low settings, but its only the view distance that the Gif is comparing.

PC
    DyingLightComp-Image25-PC.jpg
    PS4
    DyingLightComp-Image25-PS4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Saw this on Reddit (*shudders*) Contains spoilers about the first 20mins of the game. Felt it needed reposting. The announcement trailer for this is
    Brecken's mission in which he gets injured

Only cottoned on after it was pointed out to me there.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Wow. You're mad bro.
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would try to dispute which is the more powerful machine, nor would they try imply better graphics are just as good as inferior graphics. No one was really having a sleight against console gaming. Someone actually tried to say PS4 looked better than pc (Ludicrous statement in itself) OP above was disproving said theory.
    Wind yo' neck in son.
    How you getting im mad from that? :D

"wind yo' neck in son" - PMSL oh scarlet for you.. The shame

On a serious note if am well aware pc will always look better than console my comment was meant like who cares what system any of us play.

I defo didn't make out pc wasn't better.

Anyways peace out my home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Saw this on Reddit (*shudders*) Contains spoilers about the first 20mins of the game.
    Only cottoned on after it was pointed out to me there.

Now that's a great trailer. Started this evening and managed to get the prologue done. The controls take a little getting used to - it's not quite like most fps games , and the 'look at the ledge you want to grab' is unusual but works pretty well once you start to acclimatise to it.

Is the co-op mission based (story mode) or is it kind of open world stuff?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The co-op is the exact same story you do as single player, just with up to four players

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Coop = more looting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you only use melee type weapons? no guns?

Can you only use melee type weapons? no guns?

There are guns but very rare apparently

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There are guns but very rare apparently

Only at the start. There's plenty later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I found a pistol there in a cabin a little while ago but very limited ammo so won't be using it for awhile, also found Excalibur!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Is it worth buying ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Is it worth buying ?

Imo yes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Is it worth buying ?

Absolutely yes! It's now one of my favorite games of the last few years. I've just spent the last few hours editing about 15 hours worth of footage for two 4 minute "funny moments" videos. Gave myself the hiccups laughing so much at the footage & I realized watching some of the stuff back that not many games have ever given me this much fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

The music is great in it. It's very John Carpenter. Lovely synths.

It kicks Far Cry 4's ass imo. The side missions are not as boring and there appears to be more of a cogent story to it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Steam shared the boys version to me last night and it is good fun, I will buy it when it drops a bit more.

Runs fine on his pc now after the patches.

Found a monster assault rifle last night :Do 14 bullets though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

The music is great in it.

That's for sure, it's bloody brilliant, from the moment you start the game and in the fights.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think i may have to get it so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Wonder will the price drop in xbox store

Advertisement