Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Is it possible to remap the jump button on PC? I don't like the keyboard and have an XBone1 controller for it, went into control options and it doesn't seem to allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Amazon uk are selling the PS4 and Xbox one physical copies for £44.99 (€59.76) and it includes Be the Zombie Mode and the Season Pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Amazon uk are selling the PS4 and Xbox one physical copies for £44.99 (€59.76) and it includes Be the Zombie Mode and the Season Pass

Yes, but not available until the 27th of this month. Add ons are also free for all because of the physical copy release mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Just as an FYI to anyone who read into the "TECHLAND HATE MODDING" rabble rabble rabble.
    They released an announcement saying they didn't remove modding and it was but a misunderstanding (i.e. kneejerk reaction from the internet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Just as an FYI to anyone who read into the "TECHLAND HATE MODDING" rabble rabble rabble.
    They released an announcement saying they didn't remove modding and it was but a misunderstanding (i.e. kneejerk reaction from the internet)

Possible. Or it could be (i.e. backtrack quickly to save sales).

I mean, in order for there to be a misunderstanding in the first place, you have to actually say something about modding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Kirby wrote: »
    Possible. Or it could be (i.e. backtrack quickly to save sales).

I mean, in order for there to be a misunderstanding in the first place, you have to actually say something about modding.

The clarification was that the hotfix was applied to prevent people unbalancing the mutiplayer (where a player controls a zombie).

The clarification was that the hotfix was applied to prevent people unbalancing the mutiplayer (where a player controls a zombie).

This is the narrative they are peddling now, absolutely. But that doesn't jive with DMCA take down orders on single-player only mods.

The U-turn seems to have occurred over backlash. Ultimately, it's a good thing certainly...... but lets be clear here. There was no "misunderstanding". They merely changed their minds and are trying to save face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Glad to know modding won't be actively prevented. I think the devs know just how important modding is for the exposure and long-term playability of a modern game like this. The question is... do their publisher Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment share the same attitude?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Here's my new "Funny Moments" video, was in bits editing this & the next one so hopefully you guys get a laugh out of it! Enjoy!

Cheers!

• Advertisement

This is the narrative they are peddling now, absolutely. But that doesn't jive with DMCA take down orders on single-player only mods.

The U-turn seems to have occurred over backlash. Ultimately, it's a good thing certainly...... but lets be clear here. There was no "misunderstanding". They merely changed their minds and are trying to save face.

Well thats not true either.
    The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) has apologized for mistakenly issuing Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) takedown notices for Dying Light mod files shared online this weekend, saying the requests were issued erroneously by a third-party vendor on the organization's behalf.

Unless Techland decided it was better to pay the ESA to take the fall instead of saying "We're sorry, we'll restore modding". Which seems more likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Here's my new "Funny Moments" video, was in bits editing this & the next one so hopefully you guys get a laugh out of it! Enjoy!

Cheers!

That Molotov cocktail and I missed the water...LMAO...Brilliant!

What a game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just loaded it up there for the first time on PC. The game is using 2.5GB of VRAM on the main menu. This is not going to end well by the time I actually start a game of it. My GTX 970 is going to crawl once it reached the 3.5GB mark.

Unless Techland decided it was better to pay the ESA to take the fall instead of saying "We're sorry, we'll restore modding". Which seems more likely?

A company with a choice of admitting their own mistake or blaming it on a third party....... Which does seem more likely... :p

The "unnamed third party". Nice scapegoat there.

A company with a choice of admitting their own mistake or blaming it on a third party....... Which does seem more likely... :p

The "unnamed third party". Nice scapegoat there.

Techland have always had a pro-modding stance. You're simply wrong. I know that must be hard to take. You can have a hug if you like.

Techland have always had a pro-modding stance.

There was nothing "pro-modding" about their stance this week. If you believe the nonsense in those PR releases I feel sorry for you.

They botched this launch seven ways from sunday from the pre-order DLC be a zombie to delaying the releases and then not and then delaying them again. The modding mess is just another example of it. I'd offer you a hug but frankly I'd be afraid of catching your bias.

There was nothing "pro-modding" about their stance this week. If you believe the nonsense in those PR releases I feel sorry for you.

They botched this launch seven ways from sunday from the pre-order DLC be a zombie to delaying the releases and then not and then delaying them again. The modding mess is just another example of it. I'd offer you a hug but frankly I'd be afraid of catching your bias.

Jaysus tis just a game dude, no need for the tinfoil hat.

Tinfoil hat? Those are used for conspiracies. There is no conspiracy here. Just companies making poor decisions.

Here's my 3rd Funny Moments video, enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Cheers!

You shouldnt be allowed anywhere near things that explode :)

• Advertisement

I know :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Here's my 3rd Funny Moments video, enjoy!

I would pay to have you in our games for your laugh alone ****ing funny stuff.

haha thanks dude! I'm probably more of a hindrance than anything :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Very funny, I'll be watching on twitch from now on

Just did my first night mission. Holy crap. It's been a long time since I felt terror playing a game. I can't get over how dark night time is, really feels like you're running for your life.

Trust me you are!! If you stop you are as good as ****ed if the monster chaps see you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I have decided my gamertag should be changed to nervous_nelly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

When I did my first night mission, I didn't really pay attention to what was said about the ultraviolet torch you're given. So I was running around shining my normal torch at everything, wondering why it had no effect. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

humanji wrote: »
    When I did my first night mission, I didn't really pay attention to what was said about the ultraviolet torch you're given. So I was running around shining my normal torch at everything, wondering why it had no effect. :o

LoL, I didn't realize I had one for about the first about 6 hours of the game:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wtf I have a UV torch?

When did i get that? And most importantly how do i use it?

Advertisement