Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's selected as a throwable item, e.g. the molotovs/knives.

The same button uses them, middle mouse on the PC by default. Beyond that, just shine in their eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

You press G if you have it equipped to use. Or middle mouse. Think its handier with 'G'. You're given it by Spike right at the start of the game. Stops hunters in their tracks. Is really good when you unlock the ability to use it while looking behind you, if you're a fan of night running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

looking forward to playing a good bit of this at the weekend. the game definitely lends itself to funny moments as well.
    "theres a zipline, jump out and grab it, ok, nicely done, now i'll follow.... uh, no! no! no!" splat.

that and me continually attacking the boomers with a bat was very funny. the run back to the tower in the dark was class as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i eh, just came across the
    shrieking child zombie in old town.. kind of suprised they got away with putting that in the game and you being able to kill it and all

That was one creepy mission

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah that was strange alright, all the lads were freaked out by it. I put a round in it's head straight away(I DONT LIKE NOISE) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yeah that was strange alright, all the lads were freaked out by it. I put a round in it's head straight away(I DONT LIKE NOISE) :p
    You monster!!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ordered on amazon after being tempted just to download it , but seeing as the season pass was going with it for free I took amazon up on it.

Only after did I check to see what was in the pass ..... glad I didn't pay for that lot :p 19.99 for a few new story missions, cosmetics and a horde mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Just got the grappling hook, sweet :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Does anyone else not use the grappling hook often, or at all ?. I used it for an hour or 2 when it unlocked first, but havent really taken to it. I found it abit finicky to use and died from using it afew times, plus it takes up a valuable inventory slot.

Just got the grappling hook, sweet :-D

Me too! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Does anyone else not use the grappling hook often, or at all ?. I used it for an hour or 2 when it unlocked first, but havent really taken to it. I found it abit finicky to use and died from using it afew times, plus it takes up a valuable inventory slot.

I don't use it. I've fairly near the end now, and it's not bothered with. Prior to this the game has spent 25 hours encouraging me to climb and parkour without it, plus the various challenges also ban its use. This appearance of it seems poorly paced within the overall game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

trying to do a film guy challenge to kill 50 zombies with an assault riffle, its a pain in the arse closest i got was 45 its starting to wreck my head now and that challenge to grapple zombies into spikes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Tem0in wrote: »
    The game is good but the story line is a bit of a drag...the mechanics are amazing though

Agree with you there. Just spent 20 minutes looking for 3 spray paint cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

41 hours into it and i havent left the slums yet :pac:

Finished the story the other night with the lads
    The last sequence has to be played in single player which is a pity but it's a bit of craic to get through as it's hard as balls at times. The ending is a huge let down though, it's a fecking quick time event. I hate them! Story was fine, lots more to come.
    Overall I loved the game! Will deffo get back to it again

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Spear wrote: »
    I don't use it. I've fairly near the end now, and it's not bothered with. Prior to this the game has spent 25 hours encouraging me to climb and parkour without it, plus the various challenges also ban its use. This appearance of it seems poorly paced within the overall game.

Yeah, they just introduce the thing out of nowhere really, no necessity to it, not even a mission where its mandatory... kind of weird, and if the parkour wasnt so good i might of used the thing more (40 hours in 85% story)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Best game I played in ages and still in the slums, glad I ignored the reviews! I'd usually avoid a game of scored below 8/10 due to the time I have to play games.

Re: Grappling hook, Don't use it that often, handy to get away at night, or if i miss a building, it saved my life, but apart from that it's down a bottle of speed and parkour like there's no tomorrow:-) 33 hours in and about 50% into the story. some great side missions:-) Still haven't tried MP yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Downloading this now... I cannot wait.

Enjoy dude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Here's my new "Funny Moments" video, was in bits editing this & the next one so hopefully you guys get a laugh out of it! Enjoy!

Cheers!

Clip from this is in Angry Joe's review (2:49)

Yeah a few people told me about it earlier. Wasn't sure if he was allowed to do that but I don't care, plenty of traffic & subs coming my way since this morning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Yeah a few people told me about it earlier. Wasn't sure if he was allowed to do that but I don't care, plenty of traffic & subs coming my way since this morning! :D
    He did everything properly. Referenced use of it in his video and description, had a link to your video and channel. It falls under fair use! Having some like Joe using your video is a huge achievement though. It means that your video quality and other things are the best out there.

Would I be right in saying that I should just craft items and upgrades like mad? I'm a hoarder in games by nature and often find myself doing things like struggling through games , saving heavy ammo, grenades etc and never using them. I'm only level 8 or so in the stats but combat is pretty tough so far.

Would I be right in saying that I should just craft items and upgrades like mad? I'm a hoarder in games by nature and often find myself doing things like struggling through games , saving heavy ammo, grenades etc and never using them. I'm only level 8 or so in the stats but combat is pretty tough so far.

supplies and weapons are super common. Craft away i say

yup, just craft and use as needed. You get plenty of ****e along the way

Ok, just a tip to anyone starting out. make sure you unlock the Grapple perk - I'd left it until I was level 8 or so and was finding fighting humans very tough. with the grapple, its very easy to defeat them in one on one battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ok, just a tip to anyone starting out. make sure you unlock the Grapple perk - I'd left it until I was level 8 or so and was finding fighting humans very tough. with the grapple, its very easy to defeat them in one on one battles.
    I feel like Batman when I use it lol.

It's very good for getting away from dangerous situations.

I haven't got that one yet, I'm talking about the one where you graphics your attacker and shove them to one side, easy to follow up with a dig to the back of the head then!

• Advertisement

I just shoot them in the face:D

Advertisement