Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City 6-a-side soccer, Thursday 7pm MOD NOTE 1st Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Southside Thursday
    Next game, Thursday 09th, 7pm. Confirm before Tuesday 07th.

1. Justin ✔
    2. Hoodwinked ✔
    3. Tom ✔
    4. Gareth ✔
    5. Vasco ✔
    6. Paul ✔
    7. Shane ✔
    8. Innadubstate ✔
    9. tfh ✔
    10. Nemanja ✔
    11. Mark ✔
    12. Bruff/CR 7/<open slot>

Will play.

Reserves
    Crustyjuggler

One place left folks. New player welcome to fill it.

Float €230.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Jipty_Jip

I can't make this Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vlopes

I dont mind where or when, I'll play.
    I can play :-) ... just to confirm

Southside Thursday
    We need to start thinking about what we're going to do with the money we've accrued and when we're going to do it. Can we presume that a Saturday evening would be the best time of the week to do something?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TOMO666

We need to start thinking about what we're going to do with the money we've accrued and when we're going to do it. Can we presume that a Saturday evening would be the best time of the week to do something?

Personally I'm happy with pints pints & more pints, but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea. I'd be interested to see what other people think.:)

• Advertisement

Southside Thursday
    TOMO666 wrote: »
    Personally I'm happy with pints pints & more pints, but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea. I'd be interested to see what other people think.:)

I think it's a given that there'll be drinks. ;)

I know there was drinks + food suggested early on. I think we should work it this way.

1. Decide on day of week (Saturday?)
    2. Decide on date.
    3. Decide on food or not
    4. Decide on venue.

I think it's a given that there'll be drinks. ;)

I know there was drinks + food suggested early on. I think we should work it this way.

1. Decide on day of week (Saturday?)
    2. Decide on date.
    3. Decide on food or not
    4. Decide on venue.

Saturday 15th Feb.????? That would give us these 3 weeks of football & another 3 weeks of football giving it a good chance to build up the kitty to around the €400 + mark with covering the next 3 weeks football by taking the Monday night money on the 17th Feb. we would have another 5 Games then to get the next €250. Lets see what people think & we might be able to have a chat with people Thursday Night. What do people think????

Southside Thursday
    TOMO666 wrote: »
    Saturday 15th Feb.?????

People should note that the Friday 14th is Valentines night so some people may have made plans for that weekend. We could take €120 out of the float on the previous week (Sat 8th) if folks preferred that week...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Southside Thursday
    People should note that the Friday 14th is Valentines night so some people may have made plans for that weekend. We could take €120 out of the float on the previous week (Sat 8th) if folks preferred that week...

It sure is...and with Tipp playing Waterford in the hurling league opener, I most certainly won't be around for that one (I'm a lovely guy).

TBH its very hit and miss for weekends for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NoSleepForWeek

Speaking just for myself I'd prefer a weeknight. I know it would stop us going mad on the booze, but I'm out of Cork regularly enough on weekends, and like Mushy said other people will have stuff on too. Like, some weekends are fine but its a lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A weeknight is an absolute no no for me anyway.

I have spoken with one of the owners of the new goat - Deep South and he said he will "look after us".

gimmick wrote: »
    A weeknight is an absolute no no for me anyway.

I have spoken with one of the owners of the new goat - Deep South and he said he will "look after us".

Where is that place?

Grand Parade - where the Goat Broke Loose used be.

Nice spot.

Southside Thursday
    Okay folks, anyone who's interested in the night out hang back for 5 minutes after the game tomorrow night so we can make some decisions.

Sorry to do this again, but I cannot make it tonight. Have a bastard dose of man flu and fear it could end me if I play later. Sorry.

Southside Thursday
    5-a-side tonight folks so make sure you show up!

Bibs (since new year)

Tom
    Justin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i will 100% be there,

i *may* be 5 minutes late or so,

on twitter!

@aaroadwatch 3-car incident, middle lane at bloomfield i'change w'bound (rochestown exit), guards on scene, expect delays #qline

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pebon

Confirm

Southside Thursday
    Okay folks we had a bit of a discussion after the game and there seems to be a bit of momentum behind Saturday February 8th at the Mardyke. The Mardyke ticks a lot of boxes because it has activities, food and drinks.

There's a €15pp Bowling and Pizza package here that might suit us.

Opinions?

Southside Thursday
    Next game, Thursday 16th, 7pm. Confirm before Tuesday 14th.

1. Justin ✔
    2. Paul ✔
    3. Tom ✔
    4. Hoodwinked ✔
    5. Vasco ✔
    6. Shane ✔
    7. Gareth
    8. Innadubstate
    9. Declan
    10. CR 7
    11. tfh
    12. Nemanja

Reserves
    Bruff/N2L
    Crustyjuggler
    Ger
    Mark

• Advertisement

I'm in for next week

€200 Leisure Party Package in the Mardyke. A party host & reserve seating. Bottle of Bubbly. Chocolate Celebration Cake. Food for up to 30 people (Chicken goujons, spice chicken wings, cocktail sausages & Chips. up to 3 lanes of bowling for an hour, max 6 per lane.

im confirming! :)

Southside Thursday
    Could we get some sort of idea of how many of us are interested in attending an event?

Is it just me or does there seem to be very little interest?

Could we get some sort of idea of how many of us are interested in attending an event?

Is it just me or does there seem to be very little interest?

I agree, people seem to be very slow to say what they want to do & when. I honestly don't mind what if anything we do. If we are going out we are going to have to give numbers to wherever we are going & more so if we are doing an activity.

Just seen this now. Would the cash not better better off going behind the bar with some to one side for nibbles?

Im not against the mardyke package by any means and it would defo be fun, but am more pro extra beer. There are lots of pubs around the place who would be delighted with a guaranteed €150-€200 for startes on a night. Also, this way if our buddies or wives (god forbid) want to join us, they can in a pub setting rather than a bowling lane.

im in anyways for what its worth,

i am not pushed on what we do, i would be happy just going for drinks/food, (not all of us drinks pints :D) or bowling/drinks/food,

hoodwinked wrote: »
    im in anyways for what its worth,

Ya, I should have added, me too.

Southside Thursday
    I'm open to all suggestions and will definitely attend. Not hugely bothered where we go but kinda like the idea of bowling or pool or something.

Is everyone okay with Saturday Feb 8th?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Just seen this now. Would the cash not better better off going behind the bar with some to one side for nibbles?

Im not against the mardyke package by any means and it would defo be fun, but am more pro extra beer. There are lots of pubs around the place who would be delighted with a guaranteed €150-€200 for startes on a night. Also, this way if our buddies or wives (god forbid) want to join us, they can in a pub setting rather than a bowling lane.

I to think more beer is the way to go but the feeling Thursday night was for an activity etc. I think it's a wast of good drinking money ha ha. There is going to be around €400 there half which would be taken out for an activity. Still I will go with the majority But if it is the 8th of Feb. thats 4 weeks away.

Advertisement