Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City 6-a-side soccer, Thursday 7pm MOD NOTE 1st Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Right I'm off anyway folks, joys of finishing work at 4:30.

I'll see ye out there tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Southside Thursday
    Christ! People buying stuff especially for this!?

I'll be wearing track-bottoms anyway. Astroturf can leave a nasty graze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I dont mind where or when, I'll play.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Right I'm off anyway folks, joys of finishing work at 4:30.

I'll see ye out there tonight.

i just realised doesn't matter what you wear as you wont be tackling me :pac:

i just bought these:

257213.png

http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/football-boots/adult-bomba-ii/invt/13006813

One thank you all for turning up.

It was a great success.

25294122.jpg

There is also a kitty of just over 10 euro so if ye wanna play next week it will be cheaper.

Ger at Highfield said theres no problem booking it again for next week if there's interest from us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'll gladly play almost every week. Apart from next week. On hols.

It was a good game.

Nice one for the organising Gav.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Southside Thursday
    Glad it went well lads. If anyone will be missing next week I'll fill in no prob

again thank you for organising it, i really enjoyed the work out, and im looking forward to improving... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Southside Thursday
    There is also a kitty of just over 10 euro so if ye wanna play next week it will be cheaper.

Why don't you put it in a kitty until there's enough to buy colored bibs with?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Southside Thursday
    I'll ask my ex manager can I borrow their teams bibs for a few weeks seeing as how it's end of season for us anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

Southside Monday
    Fitness.... leaves a lot to be desired :D few wayward passes but good to get into the swing of it again after a few years off. :)
    hoodwinked wrote: »
    again thank you for organising it, i really enjoyed the work out, and im looking forward to improving... :)

Sorry about your back btw, twas a good block though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

J Bourke wrote: »
    Fitness.... leaves a lot to be desired :D few wayward passes but good to get into the swing of it again after a few years off. :)
    :D

Couldn't have been anywhere near as bad as me last one in first one out :D

Seems like you could pick a team out from today to enter competitively

Well played everyone!

Well if ye wanna throw yere names forward next week by all means do so.

We'll try get it up and running again.

1) GRK

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'll throw my name in the pot for next week too

Good laugh last night, cheers to everybody for getting it off the ground :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Who was the POTM?

(Player Of The Match)?

throw my name in too please :)

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'll throw my name in the pot for next week too

Good laugh last night, cheers to everybody for getting it off the ground :)

Cool, added.
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who was the POTM?

(Player Of The Match)?

Hard to say actually although I dont think anyone was bad, there was no Messi out there either. :pac:
    throw my name in too please :)

Added.

Next Thursday

1) GRK
    2) D'agger
    3) Hoodwinked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

Southside Monday
    1) GRK
    2) D'agger
    3) Hoodwinked
    4) J Bourke

Hard to say actually although I dont think anyone was bad, there was no Messi out there either. :pac:

liar liar pants on fire i was terrible, but im going to practice all weekend. :pac:

there were some great goals, and some great attempts on goals, the one that literally curved into the top corner was amazing! :) was done just like it was done by Beckham in his good days. :D

liar liar pants on fire i was terrible, but im going to practice all weekend. :pac:

I'm not in the ratings business, if ye think ye done good or bad thats not for me to decide, just here to organise and hand over the cash. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Northside Thursday
    Cheers for the game guys, sorry about my fitness levels, was like a beetroot leaving the field..........

Throw me down for next week!

It wasa good evening for it alright, that was one of the best parts about it, although breaking for a quick rest and water at 7:55 was a little later then most expected I assume?

Next time we'll try and make it 7:30 quick minute pause, switch sides, back into it.

1) GRK
    2) D'agger
    3) Hoodwinked
    4) J Bourke
    5) ssbob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya. Couldnt believe it was 7.55 whenw e had the little break.

Mt right foot is bruised like a mofo. Cannot remember taking a hit or a knock.

As previosuly mentioned, I won't be there next week. Maybe the week after, but defo available every week thereafter.

Ya its weird, the game went off without any real tackles and potential problems, it was played in a good spirit.

To those that wore tracksuit pants I commend ye, it was waaaaaay to warm for me to even think about tracksuit pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Northside Thursday
    Suprising there was no real tackles but if there was lads wearing Chelsea jerseys now I am sure a few more would be flying in.

Ill have to break out the full kit next time so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Highfield is just down the road from work, so I might see if I can pop down next week and check out the talent, as it were. I don't have any kit, and haven't kicked a ball in anger in about 10 years (used to play indoor all the time in the lesser capital). Hope this keeps going.

Youre more then welcome to join in if ya wanted too.

We were the only ones using the astro for a good deal of last night but we got stuck in the pitch with the bigger goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ya its weird, the game went off without any real tackles and potential problems, it was played in a good spirit.

To those that wore tracksuit pants I commend ye, it was waaaaaay to warm for me to even think about tracksuit pants.
    There was a very good spirit to it in fairness - it wasn't overly competitive and everybody was fairly calm going in for tackles which was nice.

Did anybody else wear mouldies? My knees were fairly sore afterwards, wondering if I should get astros instead, although it could be down to having Astro Tuesday and football training Wednesday, I have the body of an 80 year old after all!

• Advertisement

I was wearing Firm Ground boots with plastic studs and my knees are ok, achilles is a bit sore alright from it.

I'll be buying astros anyway coz I usually play at least once a week so wearing boots isnt going to cut it in the long term.

Off to prodirectsoccer.com or sportsdirect.com for a bargain I reckon.

Advertisement