Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City 6-a-side soccer, Thursday 7pm MOD NOTE 1st Post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just waiting on either ssbob or d'agger to fall in or else anyone else on thje forum looking for a game then throw your name down, we dont bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I dont mind where or when, I'll play.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    1)GRK - Confirmed
    2) suhdonghwi
    3) Hoodwinked - Confirmed
    4) J Bourke
    5) crustyjuggler - Confirmed
    6) dol777 - Confirmed
    7) Nosleepforweek - Confirmed
    8) Ardennes1944 - Confirmed
    9) CR 7 - Confirmed
    10) block (8 - Confirmed
    11) Cathal Cloch - Confirmed
    12) vlopes - Confirmed

suhdonghwi has pulled out. D'agger, ssbob there's a space availabel if either of ye want, or any new user can take it, no problem.

Also lads, it's only 4.50euro each.

I'll put up teams there later today once we've the 12th man confirmed and ill assign ye all a colour.
    My throat is killing me & I've a match tonight so I'll see how I am tomorrow but would prefer not to play at this stage.

If ssbob doesn't take the space then I'll try my best to be available, chewing strepsils like there's no tomorrow atm!

If you're sick dont break your bo**cks trying to play at all mate.

If neither of you take the slot I'm sure we'll manage to fill it with 1 person.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Northside Thursday
    If you're sick dont break your bo**cks trying to play at all mate.

If neither of you take the slot I'm sure we'll manage to fill it with 1 person.

:)

I am waiting to see what the Mrs has planned tomorrow so will hopefully know tonight!

Teams for tomorrow are :
    In Blue :

1)GRK - Confirmed
    2) suhdonghwi's replacement, could be D'agger or ssbob or anyone wanting to play, we'll sort it.
    5) crustyjuggler - Confirmed
    7) Nosleepforweek - Confirmed
    8) Ardennes1944 - Confirmed
    11) Cathal Cloch - Confirmed

Red Team :
    3) Hoodwinked - Confirmed
    4) J Bourke - Confirmed
    6) dol777 - Confirmed
    9) CR 7 - Confirmed
    10) block (8 - Confirmed
    12) vlopes - Confirmed

Bring 4.50 and it will cover it, we have a bit of a kitty anyway so you'll have no problem getting change for your 5euro if ya bring it.

Also anyone with a ball, bring it, mine had an accident with the girlfriends German Shepherd so might not hold up.

:pac:

I'll be coming from Mahon area straight out the link so I dont think I'll be able to collect anyone but I can drop in the Togher/Ballypheane area on the way home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vlopes

Hi guys

I'll be there in spite of been recovering from that injury I told previously (calves muscles)... I think tomorrow I will handle to move along the field :p
    Okay I'm on the Red Team, do I need to bring a red shirt or are there any vests?

Cya tomorrow

Vasco

vlopes wrote: »
    Hi guys

I'll be there in spite of been recovering from that injury I told previously (calves muscles)... I think tomorrow I will handle to move along the field :p
    Okay I'm on the Red Team, do I need to bring a red shirt or are there any vests?

Cya tomorrow

Vasco

Any kind of red tshirt/jersey will do.

We have no bibs at the moment but when the kitty builds up I'll buy bibs from it and we'll be sorted then.

Heres your chance for input, I can get a 6 pack of bibs for about 25 euro......4 colour choices.

Green, Orange, Blue or Pink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Southside Thursday
    Pink for me, stands out the best :D

Well done Gav i knew you'd put us on the same team :pac:

Pink would stand out, not many ppl are going to rock up in pink anyway to clash with the bib. :pac:

Totally random picks for the teams this week, last week I wnt every other pick, 1-3-5 etc etc said I'd mix it up this week and actually threw pieces of paper with the numbers in a cup and picked out the first 6 for one team.

I'm that busy in work. :pac:

• Advertisement

Northside Thursday
    Heres your chance for input, I can get a 6 pack of bibs for about 25 euro......4 colour choices.

Orange.....

If they're the types we use for training - green & pink - definitely don't go for blue, blends in too easily imo

ssbob wrote: »
    Orange.....
    D'Agger wrote: »
    If they're the types we use for training - green & pink - definitely don't go for blue, blends in too easily imo

The bibs are basically these in differing colours, Green/Orange/Blue/Pink.

I was going to get 1 set of colours, probably Green as Orange can clash with red sometimes.

5217351.jpg

Southside Thursday
    is that from sportsdirect?

Yup, 6 bibs for I think 15/17 pound.

Yup, 6 bibs for I think 15/17 pound.
    Muh bad, figured there'd be two teams wearing bibs....why? I don't know!

Fairly certain the green ones are luminos and stand out better than the orange imo

Otherwise we can look fabulous in pink :pac:

Muh bad, figured there'd be two teams wearing bibs....why? I don't know!

Fairly certain the green ones are luminos and stand out better than the orange imo

Otherwise we can look fabulous in pink :pac:

Ya the Green are fairly stand outtish, I'd say them over the Orange, Pink and Blue TBH.

7846553.jpg

Northside Thursday
    Go for it, can everyone pay €5 again this week and that way Gav will recoup his investment in bibs over the next couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

Southside Monday
    At least the bibs will allow us to switch it up if the teams are a bit unfair, Pink or Green FTW

If everyone gives 5 I should have brand new spanking bibs come next Thursday.

Sportsdirect are fairly quick quick with turn around time.

The kitty at the moment is about 10:50 I think, everyone giving a the 5 will put it us with another 10 in the kitty, pretty much giving us the 20 pound/23 euro for the bibs and delivery.

Although I'm not pushed, if people wnat there 50 cent back we wont rob ye off it. :pac:

• Advertisement

If everyone gives 5 I should have brand new spanking bibs come next Thursday.

Sportsdirect are fairly quick quick with turn around time.

The kitty at the moment is about 10:50 I think, everyone giving a the 5 will put it us with another 10 in the kitty, pretty much giving us the 20 pound/23 euro for the bibs and delivery.

Although I'm not pushed, if people wnat there 50 cent back we wont rob ye off it. :pac:
    I'm not going this week because I don't want to pay for the bibs :pac:

I'm not going this week because I don't want to pay for the bibs :pac:

Fine, you''ll never experience there meshy goodness.

Anyway I heard you're like this trying to get on bibs.

Southside Thursday
    I'm not going for the soccer at all, I'm only going cos Gav is giving me a spin in his OPC! :D

He doesn't know this yet :pac:

I'm not going for the soccer at all, I'm only going cos Gav is giving me a spin in his OPC! :D

He doesn't know this yet :pac:

Wait until you see how dirty it is, Arden Blue is ba**ard of a colour to keep clean.

Southside Thursday
    I have a black car, I feel your pain! Drove one 2years ago and liked it, I've been an Opel man for years though.
    Almost bought a Corsa OPC instead of the 325 but the gear synchro was fooked!

Arden Blue is a nice colour though, drop it up to me sometime and I'll detail it you you. If you've any nasty swirl spots or scratches I'll do my best to remove them with the DA

I have a black car, I feel your pain! Drove one 2years ago and liked it, I've been an Opel man for years though.
    Almost bought a Corsa OPC instead of the 325 but the gear synchro was fooked!

Arden Blue is a nice colour though, drop it up to me sometime and I'll detail it you you. If you've any nasty swirl spots or scratches I'll do my best to remove them with the DA

I love the Corsa OPC seats, there pure sex.

I was toying with the idea of putting them in the Astra as I've heard of people retrofitting the rails and seats into the Astra OPC, I actually had a seller for the OPC recaros and all.

It could do with a good clean and has a few scratches and scuffs nothing to bad mind so I may take you up on that offer.

Southside Thursday
    :eek: they're nice in the corsa but the Astra ones are amazing! You're just bored of them aren't you :P I think the corsa ones, being so skinny, would look lost in the Astra IMO

I'm serious anyway drop it up sometime, I'll talk to ya about it tomorrow anyway. The last owner destroyed the beemers paint but I have half it restored now :)

I agree, the Astra ones are lovely too but I've a mate who has a Corsa OPC and the seast are just........ /drool.

Ya no bother, I'll talk to ya tomorrow about it anyway, otherwise we'll ahve to rename the thread to the Soccer Thursday with car chat in between, thread.

Also the teams can wear Blue or Black against Red or White

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

Southside Monday
    5/6 a side soccerball cars&coffee :pac:

Advertisement