Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treasurer Honorarium

Options
  • 23-05-2013 4:54pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 16

Whilst reading the local credit union report, I was amazed to find that an honorarium of over €17000 was paid to the treasurer. Is this legit and if so, do I have to attend the agm to voice my disapproval. I think its an outrageous amount considering my girlfriends credit union in Meath, dont pay any fees to the treasurer. :confused:

I have contacted four other credit unions to enquire whether its a common practice. One in north co dublin wouldnt answer me because i was not a member, but I checked their report and they are paying 10000, whilst two in meath said they dont pay any such fees. The fourth CU was in the west of Ireland and they said they do on the basis of it being such hard work.

I understand my area has a population of over 100000, but that doesnt mean its still ok to squeeze an extra few bob out of the members. The banks get a hard time off the public for the mess they left us in, but Credit unions can be just as sneaky. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Depends on what work is being done by the Treasurer surely?

Advertisement