Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laupa .308 155g HPBT

Options
  • 23-05-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Anyone have expierence with these? Accuracy, expansion, price?
    What twist and barrell lenght do you have?

Cheers lads

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

• Accuracy - Good to fairly good. Depends upon each batch. In one batch i had over 200fps spread between rounds which thanks to my chrono explained a 1.5" shift in POI at 100 yards that otherwise would have had me looking at me set up.
    • Price - Expensive. About the dearest round to buy. Average prices went from €40 up to €44 per 20. Lately they seem to be holding at around €42 per box.
    • Expansion - Never tried them. I used the scenar but only for targets and while some might use it for hunting i wouldn't. I'd class it as a target round, and not suitable for game. Thin jacket that shreds, and leaves the lead core to "mushroom", and travel on through (much like a SP bullet) is not what i look for in a hunting round. There are better bullets, for the same or less, available.
    • Twist - Ideally suited for 1:13 or 1:12. Will work in all rifles obviously but results may vary. I tried them in a 24" 1:11, 30" 1:13. They worked well in either. Grouping was between 1/2" to 1" depending on batch.

I have also tried 123gr, 170 gr Naturalis in .308, and 139 gr in 6.5x55. As target rounds they are good. The 123 gr being quite fast, and great accuracy. The Naturalis are a decent round, but grouping was poor, and i found this got worse in any sort of strong wind. I actually gave away a full box recently. Wouldn't bother using them.

I would stick to a BT bullet such as SST, A-Max, Nosler, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement