Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union - breach of data protection?

Options
  • 23-05-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Not sure this is the forum but it can be moved if not.

I have a personal account in the credit union for the last twenty years that I use for a loan here and there, that I keep separate to all my bank and mortgage accounts.

Recently my wife went to apply for a loan on her account, she was informed that I also have an account there and if she was to get the loan our accounts would have to be combined. My wife up to this point was unaware that I had a credit union account, so that annoyed me that they gave her that much information.

Then today a letter arrived approving the loan in principle provided both accounts were combined and giving her the combined totals of both our loans.

All my wife had to do was subtract her balance and she then knew mine !!

My question is this , I know its my wife and I shouldnt be too put out, but have I no right to privacy with my account because I got married ?

I intend to approach the Credit Union regarding this but I am hoping somebody can offer some advice on my standing with this complaint.

Comments

Advertisement