Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow broadband

Options
  • 23-05-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi

My broadband seems to have got painfully slow over the last week or so and seems to be getting worse - could someone look into it for me?  Would also like to know when fibre broadband is coming to my area :-)  thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

LavaLamp wrote: »
    Hi

My broadband seems to have got painfully slow over the last week or so and seems to be getting worse - could someone look into it for me?  Would also like to know when fibre broadband is coming to my area :-)  thanks!

Hi LavaLamp

Can you confirm the speeds you are getting at the moment and PM me with your tel no: and I will check it out and get back to you tomorrow.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

Hi LavaLamp

Can you confirm the speeds you are getting at the moment and PM me with your tel no: and I will check it out and get back to you tomorrow.

Mark
    Hi Mark

Thanks for getting back to me - I just got results of 1.14mb/s download & 0.10 mb/s upload, will PM you my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

LavaLamp wrote: »
    Hi

My broadband seems to have got painfully slow over the last week or so and seems to be getting worse - could someone look into it for me? Would also like to know when fibre broadband is coming to my area :-) thanks!
    slow speeds can be because a filter is faulty... unplug any phones/skyboxes from any ext points and plug modem directly (without filter) in the main point (usually in your hall) if you modem connects at full speed your package allows then your filter is faulty

skyboxes connected to ext points MUST have one of those single socket filter on each box. also all phones must have a single socket filter on each phone too... the double socket filter ALWAYS goes with the modem.

if your filters are faulty phone eircom and they can send out new filters

slow speeds can be because a filter is faulty... unplug any phones/skyboxes from any ext points and plug modem directly (without filter) in the main point (usually in your hall) if you modem connects at full speed your package allows then your filter is faulty

skyboxes connected to ext points MUST have one of those single socket filter on each box. also all phones must have a single socket filter on each phone too... the double socket filter ALWAYS goes with the modem.

if your filters are faulty phone eircom and they can send out new filters

Thanks Freddy Smelly - we don't have any filters as we have one of the new phone sockets that has separate plugs for broadband and phone, and don't run anything else only modem.   I know we have limited bandwidth around my area but honestly sometimes it is just paaaaaainful, I mean to the point where you can't even watch youtube and how is a person supposed to get through the day without their youtube fix LOL!!

Hi Mark - any joy with this yet?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Mark - any joy with this yet?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi lavalamp,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I have conducted several tests on your line and service and there are no issues. Your package is 'up to' 1mg which is the entry level broadband service we offer, your line is capable of 'up to' 7.6mg.

I would advise contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) 8am-10pm 7 days. They will troubleshoot over the phone with you to identify the issue.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi lavalamp,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I have conducted several tests on your line and service and there are no issues. Your package is 'up to' 1mg which is the entry level broadband service we offer, your line is capable of 'up to' 7.6mg.

I would advise contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) 8am-10pm 7 days. They will troubleshoot over the phone with you to identify the issue.

Thanks

Tracey
    Thanks Tracey

When we moved we were told that was all we could get on our line (up to 1mb) so it's good to know we can get more now as we are paying almost as much as we did for 'up to' 8mb in our old house!! I'll see what can be done to get better speeds!

No problem at all lavalamp.

The difference in speeds is due to your new exchange not being enabled for next generation broadband.

Please don't hesitate in coming back if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Tracey

No problem at all lavalamp.

The difference in speeds is due to your new exchange not being enabled for next generation broadband.

Please don't hesitate in coming back if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Tracey
    OK slightly confused now - if my line can take 'up to' 7.6mbs does that mean that I can get up to that speed if I take a different package or am I limited to 1mb because of the exchange here?

• Advertisement

Hi LavaLamp,

Sorry for confusing you, the package you are on restricts you to 'up to'1mg service if you wish to increase the speed of the broadband service you will have to upgrade it.

If you wish to change the package you will need to contact the sales team on 1800 503 303.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi LavaLamp,

Sorry for confusing you, the package you are on restricts you to 'up to'1mg service if you wish to increase the speed of the broadband service you will have to upgrade it.

If you wish to change the package you will need to contact the sales team on 1800 503 303.

Thanks

Tracey
    great, that's perfect thanks. for a minute I thought the exchange could only provide 1mb!!  I'll get onto them ASAP for sure!

Sorry again for the confusion. No problem call them and they will explore all your options.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement