Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public parks in Dundalk

Options
  • 23-05-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm looking for a public park somewhere in Dundalk town that might have some flat ground.We have just started up a new club in town and we are currently without anywhere to train.We have a large membership and we need to find somewhere asap.Also is there anyone in the town,councillors,politicians etc that I may be able to go to look for assistance.Im not from the area myself so I don't know the story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Do you mind if I ask what kind of club?
    Also, how much space do you need?

For example, there's St Helena's Park near the inner relief road, but if the club you just started is "Dundalk Baseball Club" then it wouldn't be suitable as you wouldn't have enough room and there's too much chance of hitting a passing child or jogger with a stray ball.
    On the other hand, if it's "Dundalk Ultimate Frisbee Club", then maybe St. Helena's would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

shev7924 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a public park somewhere in Dundalk town that might have some flat ground.We have just started up a new club in town and we are currently without anywhere to train.We have a large membership and we need to find somewhere asap.Also is there anyone in the town,councillors,politicians etc that I may be able to go to look for assistance.Im not from the area myself so I don't know the story.

Sports and recreation officer at Dundalk Sports Centre would be the first person to give a call to get some info. DKIT have let clubs use their grounds but im sure thats down to the old insurance cover etc again and if can be organised. Maybe try Hiney park behind Oriel.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shev7924

@loco-motion.Thanks headed down to St Helenas park will definitely get out of the situation we are in and give us some time to sort out other accommodation .
    @Nesta99
    I have full insurance cover but I have been down the route with college and it was just no.Its a pity because there seems to be 5 pitches going idle there every weekend.Such a pity.Thanks for your help will take a look at Hiney park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Nesta99/Anyone that knows-Does Gerry Matthews still own Hiney Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

We have just started up a new club in town and we are currently without anywhere to train.
    Do you mind if I ask what kind of club?

What sport is it? :confused:

• Advertisement

He does, but i dont know if there is an arrangement with Dundalk FC for use or lease etc

@loco-motion.Thanks headed down to St Helenas park will definitely get out of the situation we are in and give us some time to sort out other accommodation .
    @Nesta99
    I have full insurance cover but I have been down the route with college and it was just no.Its a pity because there seems to be 5 pitches going idle there every weekend.Such a pity.Thanks for your help will take a look at Hiney park.

Hmmm strange one about the college as Dundalk Mavricks American football team train there every Sunday, at least 2 summer league teams are based there too. Though maybe the rugby and soccer pitches are in use and you dare not touch their precious GAA pitches. I mentioned the sports centre, im sure their pitch is available to the public though it is artificial 3g so may not suit your mysterious sport :p

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

He does but Dundalk FC don't have the use of it

Advertisement