Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB - Who needs to register - Landlord or Council

Options
  • 23-05-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, Sorry if this is answered before but I can't find anything.

I'm looking to find the landlord of a property but the property itself is not listed on the PRTB website and I was wondering if it's rented to the council and then rented out by them should it still be listed on the PRTB website

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

ladsmammy wrote: »

I'm looking to find the landlord of a property but the property itself is not listed on the PRTB website and I was wondering if it's rented to the council and then rented out by them should it still be listed on the PRTB website

Hmmm...when my landlord joined RAS he had to register me himself with the PTRB, so i *assume* the landlord has to pay for it, regardless if he has a contract with RAS and the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Rented or leased to the council?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ladsmammy wrote: »

Lots of properties aren't on the PRTB register for various reasons, including those who break the law and don't register. Do you know that the property in question is rented to the council?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

if council took vacant possession the landlord would not be registering details of tenant etc. is it a house beside yourown?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

athtrasna wrote: »
    Lots of properties aren't on the PRTB register for various reasons, including those who break the law and don't register. Do you know that the property in question is rented to the council?

Another reason is that the PRTB can take more than a year to input a new tenancy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement