Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube links not opening?

• 23-05-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any issues opening certain links on their WP8 device? Running WP8 on a HTC 8x and often try to play a video and receive an error stating that Windows cannot play this file.

This video wont work on my device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86JMcy5OqZA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭simi956

Link opened fine on my Lumia 920, Have you tired just clearing the cache via Delete History

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Same issue with me. Can't play over H+ but Wi-Fi works perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Works OK on wifi for me but I get "Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone" over 3G. I guess Microsoft have made changes in light of Google's cease and desist for the youtube app on WP8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hmmm, must look into this more. Because that link works now, but didn't when i posted. Perhaps its a bandwidth issue. But that being said, I have had this issue over WiFi also. Really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

not sure if same issue. But some youtube videos will play on my lumia 800, some wont. Regardless if on data, or wifi.

:confused:

• Advertisement

I'm wondering if the mobile data limit is kicking in on certain videos? Officially it's 20mb but is supposed to be 50mb now. Are they HD content by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

What network is everyone with? I'm with 3 and I've seen a few posts on the 3 forum about it.

Yup im with 3

n0brain3r wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the mobile data limit is kicking in on certain videos? Officially it's 20mb but is supposed to be 50mb now. Are they HD content by any chance?

What mobile data limit?

But it's not anyway, as the video would refuse to load at all, and be quite sporadic about the whole thing.

What mobile data limit?

But it's not anyway, as the video would refuse to load at all, and be quite sporadic about the whole thing.

WP7 & 8 have a hard coded limit preventing downloads of files over a certain size on mobile data for WP7 it's documented as being 20mb this appears to have been lifted to 50mb for WP7.x and 8 but is unconfirmed by Microsoft.

I know pre the limit being lifted I couldn't download some episodes of different podcasts as they where too big and would get generic non specific errors.

I'm on O2 btw

• Advertisement
Advertisement