Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your pet like to play with bedlinen?

• 23-05-2013 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

So I was making the bed today and Felix(cat) decided to help me. We used to play a game called 'sheet surfing'. Basically I whip an old sheet up in the air and let it drift down and he waits at the side of the bed, timing when to jump under the sheet and pounces under then jumps around underneath on the bed. He wasn't bothered about it for ages but since the sun's been shining on the back of the house this week he's loving it again.

He loves to tangle himself up and tunnel his way out, of course I wouldn't leave the room without uncovering him and you certainly wouldn't just flop down on the bed without checking if he was under the duvet. It goes without saying that both of them love the bed and have a knack for taking up most of it:)

So does anyone else's pet love playing with the sheets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Yes! Both my monkeys (have a cat and a dog) love it when it's time to make the bed. Cinnamon the cat does the same as yours, pouncing under the sheets as you're throwing them back down and Poppy the puppy takes the duvet corner in her mouth and pulls it back down every time I put it near the pillows :rolleyes:
    Takes twice as long to make the beds, but I don't mind, it's great to see them having so much fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sandy loves changing of bed sheets but she see's it as an opportunity to attack the sheet (as it moves) more then anything else; then again she's also known to go for anything under a duvet (but have no care if she can see what it is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

My dog ADORES sheet change day!! She used to jump around and play with the sheets, attacking them, but now she waits until the bed is made and hops up. She sticks her bum in the air and rubs her head all over the duvet, growling and snarling and wagging her tail and she pushes herself around- you have to pat her bum repeatedly as she does it. At the end, the throw that's usually the 'finishing touch' to the bed goes on her head and she tries to 'bite' your hand through the throw.

It's all very agressive, but not REALLY, it's mostly noise :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Mine don't play with the bed linen, but one of my cats goes out of her way to make it has difficult as possible for me to change it. she rolls around on the bed while I'm doing it and no matter how often I life her off, she just jumps straight back up again! I COULD close the door, but I'd hate to spoil her fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I have one cat that seems to be tuned in to whenever the sheets are being changed. I might not see her for a few hours but as soon as I start taking the sheets off the bed she comes out of nowhere and starts playing around. As the other poster said, it would make the process a lot easier to remove her from the room, but I would hate to spoil her fun:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Both my dogs love it! they'll sit on the bed and I'll put my hand under the duvet trying to catch their paws through the duvet - they have a great time trying to catch me and to 'dig' their way through the bed clothes. great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Our other cat Jazzy likes to christen freshly changed sheets with muddy paws. Almost every time the sheets are changed he just has to come running up with wet paws and leave his marks:)

Advertisement