Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation For Gigs In The Marquee

Options
  • 23-05-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

I'm going to ZZ Top in The Marquee on June 27th and looking for some advice on accommodation close by. Looking for somewhere half decent that's not too pricey, the kinda place that has a bit of atmosphere and a late / residents bar.

Any and all help / advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

http://www.bruhostel.com/

Fairly good hostel with what was at one stage anyhow a popular enough bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ahhh I want to go to ZZ top still waiting for a few more standing tickets to become available.. If you are going for the closest place it would be the clarion in town but not too sure about the late bar or atmosphere there.I went in before for a late drink and they weren't the worst..Can imgine they will hike the prices up for the marquee though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

2 minutes further away from the clarion but closer to more pubs including the late night bar the crane lane is the imperial. If its a nice hotel within walking distance id go for either of these. I prefer the location of imperial and I think its a nicer hotel but the Clarion has a leisure centre which the imperial doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thanks lads.

Yeah, it's a hotel we're looking for as opposed to a hostel.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Jurys Inn. Andersons Quay. Only a reasonable walk from the Marquee.

• Advertisement

Jurys Inn. Andersons Quay. Only a reasonable walk from the Marquee.

I've heard from others that it's not great. Got a fairly decent deal in the Clarion (€120 / room) so gonna run with that.

Thanks for all the help lads! :)

mmm I would old off on booking, sneaking suspicion tat (my T at as stopped working) are not be playing. lots of gigs are disspearing from ti ket master... t oug t somet ing was odd wit t e way t ey were being sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Milly33 wrote: »
    mmm I would old off on booking, sneaking suspicion tat (my T at as stopped working) are not be playing. lots of gigs are disspearing from ti ket master... t oug t somet ing was odd wit t e way t ey were being sold

I'm sorry but, huh?

Ah tis back now haha sorry my H key and C key died earlier..Yes yes they have started to cancel a few gigs in London and that so I would not be surprised if they cancelled the marquee gig. I have been keeping an eye on the tickets to get some standing ones so we have been checking ticket master every day. Today it is saying no tickets for this event. mmmm dodge dodge dodge

For real!?! :eek:

Better fookin not!

• Advertisement

Not too sure yet but keep an ear out. I have a funny feeling they will.. They seemed to stop selling the standing tickets very early, I know now they release them again closer to the date but it just seemed a bit suss and then when then England gig was cancelled well we are next so it may just happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Some dispute with the Promoters mean the Warsaw concert has also been pulled.

Still selling for London on Monday 24, Manchester on Tuesday 25th and Cork on that Thursday. The issue seems to have been a logistical and scheduling one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If you want to walk jurys good location price ok close to city. Parking can be tricky. Clarion other option for overnight parking. Rooms pricy though but hotel good location and close to city. Both hotels beside each other. I recommend a taxi. Marquee out by ballintemple near parc ui caoimh. It be of a trek to walk. Taxi be fine going but coming back be bottleneck. So get there early if you want to park nearby.

The malton, gresham, spring moran or maryborough hotels id recommend too if youve car with you.

Advertisement