Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air play

• 23-05-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Air play I think allows you to use your fir example iPhone to download a movie and watch it on a bigger screen eg your ipad. IPhone just searches for similar apple devices and will connect wirelessly.

Air play will not work in Ireland as yet.

Anyone know if any way to achieve this eg watch Netflix on iPhone with option to watch it on ipad if a bigger screen is better

Thanks

Paddy

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Air play I think allows you to use your fir example iPhone to download a movie and watch it on a bigger screen eg your ipad. IPhone just searches for similar apple devices and will connect wirelessly.

Air play will not work in Ireland as yet.

Anyone know if any way to achieve this eg watch Netflix on iPhone with option to watch it on ipad if a bigger screen is better

Thanks

Paddy

A bit confused here. Are you talking about Apple TV?

We have it at our house and you can stream basically anything from your iMac/iPad/iPhone to your TV. It utilises AirPlay to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Ya something like that there is an app called air play ... It will stream to other apple enabled devices. I don't have an Apple TV just want to stream iphone to ipad. When I tried to download it from App Store it said not available in this country ! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

Airplay only works to an Apple TV.

Why don't you just download NetFlix on your iPad? You can use the same account to login, just can't watch both at once.

See here - http://www.apple.com/ie/airplay/

boreder wrote: »
    Airplay only works to an Apple TV.

Why don't you just download NetFlix on your iPad? You can use the same account to login, just can't watch both at once.

See here - http://www.apple.com/ie/airplay/
    Thanks
    I have all you can eat data on iphone plan I watch Netflix on it occasionally I can't tether in my rolling contract but if I could use air play or similar I could watch net flix on the iphone and by air play on ipad " free" if you follow!
    Thks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

When I tried to download it from App Store it said not available in this country !
    Airplay is an Apple name for a router. Apply TV is the name for a $99 small device that connects to ANY wifi network and then connects to your TV. You can watch any show from your MAC or IPAD direct to the APPLE TV device when they are all on the same network. I travel with an APPLE TV box, just spent a week in a hotel, connected all devices to the hotel network and watched whatever i wanted on the hotel TV.

Netflix, MLB etc are channels on the APPLE TV that are country specific.

smurfjed

thks its gone a bit off topic for me

I want an app or way to watch iphone video on ipad screen.

thks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I don't think you can do what you are asking! Can you not switch personal hotspot on with your iPhone?? You can get the airport express but I don't think it will do what u want tho!

I say above I can't tether. Thks for reply. Airport express would nt help!
    It can be done but just available in ireland yet. I can connect laptop to TV etc no bother to use screen .... I have no doubt that it can be done either by physical cable or streaming! I will let you know in due course ! .... That's iphone to ipad to use screen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I say above I can't tether. Thks for reply. Airport express would nt help!
    It can be done but just available in ireland yet. I can connect laptop to TV etc no bother to use screen .... I have no doubt that it can be done either by physical cable or streaming! I will let you know in due course ! .... That's iphone to ipad to use screen!

Are you sure it can be done in other countries. I'm sure apple would make a big fuss over it at WWDC but I've never seen what you want to do

• Advertisement

I tried to download the app on ipad but got message not available in this country don't know anymore after that .... Would be handy when it or similar is available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Airplay is for streaming or mirroring content from your iOS device or Mac to a tv or stereo hooked up to an Apple TV.

It is a built in iOS feature, not an app. It works perfectly anywhere in the world and does not do what you are looking for.

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to stream audio and video between iOS devices as you are looking for. Obviously I stand to be corrected as I'd be surprised if there isn't an app for it somewhere. You might need to set up a US iTunes account and browse their store.

thks. I see airplay it app. It does exactly what I want. Just looking at a you tube video on it.
    You could be onto something re us iTunes account. I see a note on the iphone app telling me to download
    airplayit server.......this is my next obstacle!
    cheers

on site its only gives options for "windows" or "mac" for this server client I need....stuck now!

Can you link the app you tried to download. If it says the client is only for windows or mac then it more than likely wont do what you're looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

smurfjed wrote: »
    Airplay is an Apple name for a router. Apply TV is the name for a $99 small device that connects to ANY wifi network and then connects to your TV. You can watch any show from your MAC or IPAD direct to the APPLE TV device when they are all on the same network. I travel with an APPLE TV box, just spent a week in a hotel, connected all devices to the hotel network and watched whatever i wanted on the hotel TV.

Netflix, MLB etc are channels on the APPLE TV that are country specific.

smurfjed

Airplay is not a router per se. It is a wireless technology. And a very efficient one at that. Apple's routers are Airport Express/Extreme.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57368386-285/your-complete-guide-to-apple-airplay/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

guil wrote: »
    Can you link the app you tried to download. If it says the client is only for windows or mac then it more than likely wont do what you're looking for

I think this is what the OP is on about
    http://www.airplayit.com/streaming-video.htm

A link would have been useful from the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Is that not just a Dropbox type thing? I think that is just a cloud service for media! It doesn't actually say u can stream from your phone to your iPad???

The op needs to read the features again. Says absolutely nothing about streaming video from one device to the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

There used to be apps on the apps store that let you stream between iOS devices.

For some reason Apple removed them from the App Store.

One of them was called AirView. I still have it on my iPhone and iPad. Haven't used it for ages both devices are on the latest iOS. Just tried it now it doesn't work anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

You can jailbreak the iPad and install XBMC on it. Then in the XMBC settings, enable the AirPlay target feature. Once that's done you can stream from the phone to the iPad (when XBMC is running).

• Advertisement

carrotcake wrote: »
    You can jailbreak the iPad and install XBMC on it. Then in the XMBC settings, enable the AirPlay target feature. Once that's done you can stream from the phone to the iPad (when XBMC is running).

Is jail breaking ipad difficult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Is jail breaking ipad difficult
    No, it's very simple. As long as you're not running the latest version of iOS (6.1.3) you can jailbreak it.

Advertisement