Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** HL Physics Before / after **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NanaAcidWrap

Hey guys, I got a question I'd be very thankful if anyone could answer , if you have written down you're doing OL PHYSICS on the paper with levels of the subjects which we had to fill in few months ago can you I still do higher level physics paper tommorow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

he is talking feces out of his highly distrubing hole and preaching words of excrement with no meaning whatsoever but we are worse to be endorsing such an array of utter vomit

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NanaAcidWrap

he is talking feces out of his highly distrubing hole and preaching words of excrement with no meaning whatsoever but we are worse to be endorsing such an array of utter vomit

Well you can't really say anything against his predictions, he's just giving tips, besides his biology predictions were spot on.. then again one could say "It's rather easy to see what's comming up".

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

his ass would be jealous of the amount of sh1te that comes out of his mouth :P
    although he has joules law and co-planar forces as no.1 and 2 so that seems right to me

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MarieCurie22

In fairness though he hit the nail on the head with what I had noticed in the papers too.....from it I'd take...

Radioactivity...
    Electrostatics...
    Semi Conductors...
    Momentum and forces...
    SHM
    Doppler affect
    Some form of a heat q (none last year!)
    Xrays!!

Experiments:
    Co-planar forces or g by free fall
    Latent heat of fusion of ice
    Wavelength of monochromatic light or speed of sound in air...
    Joules law...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xJEx

Prodigious wrote: »
    Pathetic predictions. Puts up 20 out of the 25 possible. What a knob...

My thoughts exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Well, I've done all the revision I can do. :pac: It's in the lap of the gods now...

curly135 wrote: »
    Well, I've done all the revision I can do. :pac: It's in the lap of the gods now...

You're just gonna rest til then?

xJEx wrote: »
    You're just gonna rest til then?

I have soooo much to do :(

• Advertisement

Explain how a geiger mueller tube works?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

The radiation ionizes the air in the tube, that causes a current to flow which shows up on the meter (I think)....

yoppo wrote: »
    The radiation ionizes the air in the tube, that causes a current to flow which shows up on the meter (I think)....

Thank you! I am so braindead from cramming i nearly highlighted the laptop screen with my highlighter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

I would be willing to bet almost anything in my possession that co-planar forces is coming up tomorrow. KNOW IT PEOPLE.

optimus125 wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet almost anything in my possession that co-planar forces is coming up tomorrow. KNOW IT PEOPLE.

I second that!

I have soooo much to do :(

Same girl gonna be up all night ;)

and then be fecking exhausted for spanish and chem...

yoppo wrote: »

We wouldn't be asked to draw a GM tube would we? Cause the diagram for that in my book is ****ed up..

xJEx wrote: »
    We wouldn't be asked to draw a GM tube would we? Cause the diagram for that in my book is ****ed up..

I hope not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Are his predicted topics what people were expecting? Don't want to rely on them if not. I know all the experiments so I'm not really worried about that. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

Are his predicted topics what people were expecting? Don't want to rely on them if not. I know all the experiments so I'm not really worried about that. :P

This is what he's predicting:

—Radioactivity
    —Capacitance
    —Sound Frequencies & Harmonics
    —Gravity & Circular Motion
    —Electromagnetic Induction

(As well as option. Like he has more, but these are his top ones.)

Is this what people were expecting? If not, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

I'm the opposite :P Spending most of tonight going over experiments. Feeling confident about it though

VincentLeB wrote: »
    This is what he's predicting:

—Radioactivity
    —Capacitance
    —Sound Frequencies & Harmonics
    —Gravity & Circular Motion
    —Electromagnetic Induction

(As well as option. Like he has more, but these are his top ones.)

Is this what people were expecting? If not, why not?

Radioactivity yes hasnt appeared in a while as a full q

Capacitance maybe...electrostatics more so id say...
    Sound and frequincies yes...
    Gravity and circular motion No both came up last year! So Im saying....momentum and forces (2004) or SHM

Radioactivity yes hasnt appeared in a while as a full q

Capacitance maybe...electrostatics more so id say...
    Sound and frequincies yes...
    Gravity and circular motion No both came up last year! So Im saying....momentum and forces (2004) or SHM

Thanks a million for that. I'm so fücked for this, and my teacher expects me to pull an A1 out of somewhere... :( at least I know every single definition off by heart :pac:

Thanks a million for that. I'm so fücked for this, and my teacher expects me to pull an A1 out of somewhere... :( at least I know every single definition off by heart :pac:

thats like 10+% of the paper so :P more than I know

thats like 10+% of the paper so :P more than I know

Yeah I used a flash-card program with spaced repetition back in January, and I went from knowing maybe five or six to getting the best in the class in a 80+ definition test after only learning all 160 of them over two nights XD But all I did for those two nights was physics definitions and I stayed up until like 03.00 in the morning. But it was worth it now so all I had to do was look over a few a week and they're ingrained in my memory.

Wish I had done it for everything else though... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭no scope codgod

Yeah I used a flash-card program with spaced repetition back in January, and I went from knowing maybe five or six to getting the best in the class in a 80+ definition test after only learning all 160 of them over two nights XD But all I did for those two nights was physics definitions and I stayed up until like 03.00 in the morning. But it was worth it now so all I had to do was look over a few a week and they're ingrained in my memory.

Wish I had done it for everything else though... :/

Do you even need that many definitions? For most of them you can just quote the formula from the log books.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Lukeyy

Nice to see I'm not the only one f***** for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

I. Got an A1 in physics higher level last year hahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Lukeyy

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    I. Got an A1 in physics higher level last year hahahahahaha

Well for some. -.-

Advertisement