Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** HL Physics Before / after **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    I. Got an A1 in physics higher level last year hahahahahaha

For someone called Mr. Fun, you don't sound very fun. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MarieCurie22

And now look at you :D sad person back here cause you dont have anything better to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xJEx

Haha give him a break guys :P So what's your secret then?

Your secret is probably not being on the internet the night before the exam.. That's where we're all going wrong!

xJEx wrote: »
    Your secret is probably not being on the internet the night before the exam.. That's where we're all going wrong!

Aha! I knew I was doing something wrong. :P

• Advertisement

Okay so guys, particle physics Q - do we need to know the values for the relative strengths and ranges for the four forces? Like 1x10-18 etc??

Okay so guys, particle physics Q - do we need to know the values for the relative strengths and ranges for the four forces? Like 1x10-18 etc??

I would imagine knowing their order from weakest to strongest is enough.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KildareKing

yes the ranges were asked before, strong nuclear- 1x10^-15, weak nuclear-1x10^-18, gravitaional-infinite, electromagnetic-infinite.

order of strength- 1.strong nuclear,2.electromagnetic,3.weak nuclear, 4.gravitational.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Lukeyy

I'll be lucky if I even pass this :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Gotta respect a troll who is also intelligent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Yes I'm sure. Well, I'm sure that I could do it from the tables anyway. It doesn't say that but it lists the baryonsand mesons. Hence you know if its made from 3 quarks/antiquarks or one of each. Then you look at the quarks on the opposite page and pick out the ones that will give you the correct value - for example for a proton you know you want it to add up to 1, you know it has to be made of 3 quarks so its obviously uud cause 2/3 + 2/3 - 1/3 = 1
    voilá ;)

I'm just basing my concern off the fact that in a mock we did, it had that "A meson is made up of up and down quarks and their anti-quarks. Name this meson."

I was all like whut? Answer's a Pion, by the way. But would you have known to distinguish a Pion from a Kaon based solely off your tables? There's no way to do that that I know of other than to learn them, then again Mocks sometimes mess up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Not feeling particularly confident. Did well in the mock but dunno if I'll be able to reproduce it. 5 day break ruined me. Did nothing at all til today. :(

D_s wrote: »
    I'm just basing my concern off the fact that in a mock we did, it had that "A meson is made up of up and down quarks and their anti-quarks. Name this meson."

I was all like whut? Answer's a Pion, by the way. But would you have known to distinguish a Pion from a Kaon based solely off your tables? There's no way to do that that I know of other than to learn them, then again Mocks sometimes mess up.
    Kaon has an anti-strange IIRC. That is the distinction as far as I know.

'List the six flavours of quark'. Flavours, really?

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Not feeling particularly confident. Did well in the mock but dunno if I'll be able to reproduce it. 5 day break ruined me. Did nothing at all til today. :(

Yeah the 5 day break sucked, I feel like english was about a year ago.. Do you have 4 subjects left?
    And how did you do in your mock?

Yeah the 5 day break sucked, I feel like english was about a year ago.. Do you have 4 subjects left?

Another 5-day breaker here. I feel like this is a separate leaving cert to the one I did a week ago. I only have the mandatory subjects done (and Irish is at OL), so I still have 5 subjects left :eek:

My leaving is only beginning :p

I feel a second wind coming on here. I'm off to study some more. Good luck tomorrow everybody. :)

Another 5-day breaker here. I feel like this is a separate leaving cert to the one I did a week ago. I only have the mandatory subjects done (and Irish is at OL), so I still have 5 subjects left :eek:

Yeah same but I'm only doing 7 subjects in total - what subjects?

Mate that's horrible! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

I'm off to do my last bit of study and then bed.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!! =)

• Advertisement

Yeah same but I'm only doing 7 subjects in total - what subjects?

Physics, Spanish, Economics, DCG, Applied Maths :D
    Lukeyy wrote: »
    Mate that's horrible! :/

Tell me about it :P Haha nah thanks for your thoughts. Ah sure I'll get through it, this week will fly through.

Include me in your lamentations

So experiments? What's the low down!?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

So experiments? What's the low down!?

i think
    co-planar forces or g by free fall
    latent heat of fusion of ice
    joules law
    snells law

Yeah; Physics, Chem, Spanish, Applied Maths. Got the B1 in the mocks on the paper that half the country failed.

Yeah. All the posts on FB by people who are done are soul-destroying as well.

mikeyod123 wrote: »
    i think
    co-planar forces or g by free fall
    latent heat of fusion of ice
    joules law
    snells law

Thank you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

Thank you! :D

other people have said their predictions aswell a few pages back so maybe go look at their aswell :P

Yeah; Physics, Chem, Spanish, Applied Maths. Got the B1 in the mocks on the paper that half the country failed.

Which mock was it - one with acceleration by freefall and resistivity of nichrome... or coplanar forces and diode?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 carlos123455

I had a 7 day break and 5 exams left :L anyone else? :L

Yeah I know, I try to ignore them, but they're always there, haunting me...
    It'll be worth it though, right? Right, guys? :pac:
    I had a 7 day break and 5 exams left :L anyone else? :L

7 days? Do you not do Irish or Maths? Even if you don't do irish, Maths will have only been 6 days ago :P

Anyhow, sleep is needed if I'm to get the A1 I so desperately want :) Best of luck to you all, and I'll see you back here in 14 hours for the post-mortem ;)

• Advertisement

Which mock was it - one with acceleration by freefall and resistivity of nichrome... or coplanar forces and diode?
    Freefall one.

Advertisement