Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jc woodwork portfolio

Options
  • 23-05-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Can anyone help me I'm stuck with the woodwork portfolio, what could I write as a reason for picking the brief I did?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What was the brief you picked?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Really not that hard, why did you pick it? don't say something stupid like "it seemed easy to design", say something along the lines of "I chose this brief because it reminds me of/ it interests me/ i believe it will challenge me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

Make a list of the advantages in doing the brief. Why the material, joining techniques and design etc suited your project.
    Compare your material etc choices to existing ones on the market.
    If you have pages of other ideas why the chosen one is better than those. (didn't do woodwork but have done technology brief few weeks ago :) )
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16 michaelk744

Thanks! I picked the storage unit and the section on why i picked it looks very bare, not many advantages i can really think of apart for being good for home use and how i thaught it was an opportunity to demonstrate my skills better than the other briefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 michaelk744

Need help with the "Skills" section, need a few ideas on what to write.

• Advertisement
Advertisement