Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family moving to Toronto

Options
  • 23-05-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everybody!

My partner, our 3 year old & I arrive in Toronto in a couple of weeks on the IEC. Very excited!
    Just wondering if anyone has any insight into what neighbourhoods in Mississauga are good for families (good schools, parks, amenities) to live? Does anyone know about the Churchill Meadows area?
    Also, are there any social/meet up groups for Irish families in Toronto?

Id really appreciate any information at all! A bit lost at the minute!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mjkredmond

Hi!

I also am moving over to Toronto in the new year.
    I don't have kids but I hope to in the future with my partner who's coming with me.

I have also been looking into suburban areas outside of downtown Toronto....
    I would love Oakville as it seems ideal and ticks all the right boxes. But it seems it may be a bit pricey.

Missisauga seems to be a really convenient suburb too... Have you looked more into it?
    Churchill meadows seems the best place to be in missisauga, along with Erin Mills. Is it well serviced by public transport?
    Burlington is appealing for me too... It seems to have alot of charm.

I wish you all the best in your adventure!

Maria

Advertisement