Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay and display at Cherrywood Luas

Options
  • 23-05-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hey,

Spotted the line painters out putting parking bays this evening up on Valley Drive (the road parallel to the Luas at Cherrywood) at the Tullyvale Apartments.

There are also new metal posts that have been erected all along the road, both sides. It will be interesting to see what goes up as I was under the impression that that road was private (surface is poor and unsealed)

Parking mayhem is coming.

Spare a thought for the residents who through crappy planning laws only got one space per apartment!!

SG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It's about time something was done tbh, the area is a mess of cars blocking the place up every day

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

It's about time something was done tbh, the area is a mess of cars blocking the place up every day

Completely agree, had a "discussion" with a lady on the safety of her parking and her only defence was there was no other parking.

She also mentioned she had to wait a good 5 mins before it was safe to even open her door to get out of the car. She was on the double yellows on the corner down toward the gates. 😡😡

Man or women. Stupidity knows no sexual bias and this women was a muppet.

I fear the residents are going to get screwed a little. I live in Tullyvale and rent a second space for the wife. Safer and easier with the little one about.

Money spinner for the developer though as he still owns all the extra car parking spaces.

All 200+ @ €400 per annum (currently). Nice.

SG

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

seagizmo wrote: »
    Hey,

Spotted the line painters out putting parking bays this evening up on Valley Drive (the road parallel to the Luas at Cherrywood) at the Tullyvale Apartments.

There are also new metal posts that have been erected all along the road, both sides. It will be interesting to see what goes up as I was under the impression that that road was private (surface is poor and unsealed)

Parking mayhem is coming.

Spare a thought for the residents who through crappy planning laws only got one space per apartment!!

SG
    Nothing wrong with one space per apt that's good planning there's a luas and QBC so me need for a second car

ted1 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with one space per apt that's good planning there's a luas and QBC so me need for a second car

all well and good for a family. But if you're sharing a flat with three other 'randomers' and only 1 space between the four of you it's a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

One space per car is good planning on a macro level, but it does mean that someone who has to have a car or van as part of their job and also have 1 family car can't live in such a location unless there is a pool of extra spaces available. Which means it's actually planned at more than 1 space per apt.

• Advertisement

Looks nice on paper but just not practical given the location and distance from work. Anyway, slightly off topic.

Will post an update later when the circus arrives ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It was a cash cow waiting to happen to be honest. I can't understand why a car park hasn't been built up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Don't suppose there's any chance they could make it permit parking?
    Even if it is pay & display from 9-5/6 M-F it would allow most working people to park here when they get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Were they all blindly unaware of the restriction when they purchased/rented there?

fjon wrote: »
    Don't suppose there's any chance they could make it permit parking?
    Even if it is pay & display from 9-5/6 M-F it would allow most working people to park here when they get home.
    They wouldn't be entitled to permit parking, as this is on the road outside the estate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I thought there was supposed to be a car park put in beside the little pedestrian footpath that leads up to the station is? IIRC it's up in the air till some dispute between the developer and the council sort there mutual mess up. Someone should knock heads together and get something in place as it's a waste of the present infrastructure (not to mention a pain for Tullyvale residents) not to have a car park in place.

I thought there was supposed to be a car park put in beside the little pedestrian footpath that leads up to the station is? IIRC it's up in the air till some dispute between the developer and the council sort there mutual mess up. Someone should knock heads together and get something in place as it's a waste of the present infrastructure (not to mention a pain for Tullyvale residents) not to have a car park in place.

I heard that all the developers involved were in Nama and from talking to a spokesman in the RPA there is no plans for additional parking (he was rather adamant). Also check out the plans for the cheerywood area on www.dlrcoco.ie. Parking is not catered for.

The lines are all painted but there is no signs up yet. I've talked to out management company in Tullyvale and they've not been consulted.

Wait and see time.

SG

Folks,

Latest update is that the road has recently be handed over from Nevilles (the developers) to the DLRCoCo. Full blown DLRCoCo Pay and Display will be implemented in the next week or so.

No signs up but it's only a matter of time.

SG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Also check out the plans for the cheerywood area on www.dlrcoco.ie. Parking is not catered for.

Should that not be "drearywood"?
    Is there anything in the plans for a bike park?

josip wrote: »
    Should that not be "drearywood"?
    Is there anything in the plans for a bike park?

Tell me about it :-)

Not sure about the bike park, the DLRCoCo plans are pretty extensive and I think the latest deal is just a sign that the plans are moving ahead.

Also, there have been a number of car thefts on that road due to crappy lights and hopefully this will get fixed (I had a camper broken into about 5 times!)

SG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The signs and pay and display machines are now up. It is active from 08:00 to 19:00 Mon - Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Looks like they've been "vandalised" overnight! :eek::eek:

fjon wrote: »
    Looks like they've been "vandalised" overnight! :eek::eek:

Yeah, some spray paint, sellotape and a inkjet printer :-)

I wonder what DLRCoCo will say about that.

SG

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mahargwa

The Cherrywood luas stop is in the middle of a barren wilderness. The original plan was to have a park and ride nearby. It never happened. The lack of parking at Cherrywood deters commuters from using the LUAS service. DLR County Council should not have their extortionate road parking charges here until a proper, reasonably charged, park and ride is located here.

there's one in carrickmines at the next exit that's already underused, let that fill first maybe...

• Advertisement

there's one in carrickmines at the next exit that's already underused, let that fill first maybe...

100% Agree.

That area is up for redevelopment and will start (AFAIK) next year.

The parking or more correctly abandonment of cars on that road was dangerous. The folks who live beside DART stations have to pay and just because the land around the luas stop is unused doesn't mean you have a right to park. As a resident of the apartments there, it is a complete pain for my visitors but that's just life.

As for the deterring commuters, I think you will find that is it actually quite busy.

SG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

There is actually a new carpark being developed in the Cherrywood Business Park for the Luas Park and Ride

There is actually a new carpark being developed in the Cherrywood Business Park for the Luas Park and Ride

Do you have any further info on this? I did notice a planning permission sign for a car park beside the Brides Glen stop but that was two years ago and no car park ever turned up.

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Do you have any further info on this? I did notice a planning permission sign for a car park beside the Brides Glen stop but that was two years ago and no car park ever turned up.

They have tarmacced the road that goes from brides glen up past the wasteland and joins main road just before the south slip for the M50 it's also being painted and lined

That new section of road has parking spaces all along it and pay and display machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tmg52

I think there are a few bike parking spaces closer up to the tram stop here, should there be more?
    Will check when I am next out there.

tmg52 wrote: »
    I think there are a few bike parking spaces closer up to the tram stop here, should there be more?
    Will check when I am next out there.

AFAIK there are only a few bike places up at the stop.

It is worth noting at some stage last year (I think!), the actually steel of "bike space" was cut and what ever was locked to it removed. So, if you have a nice bike, it's not exactly a nice place to leave it.

Slightly off topic though :-)

To bring it back on topic, there are plans (no time lines yet) to have pay and display added to the road that leads down to the Park Academy crèche.

SG

• Registered Users Posts: 31 daisy chain

Hi all, looking to rent an apartment in the Oval, does any one know any many designated visitor spots there are? Would have only one designated car park space but have 2 cars so wondering what others do in the same situation? Many thanks!

Hi all, looking to rent an apartment in the Oval, does any one know any many designated visitor spots there are? Would have only one designated car park space but have 2 cars so wondering what others do in the same situation? Many thanks!

A second car in the apartment isn't s visitor. Rent a second space.

• Advertisement

There are "some" extra spaces but they are at a premium. If I am not mistaken a second space is relatively good value (somewhere in the region of 500 a year)? Underground and safer than outside. You could be really cheeky and see if the landlord with include it in your letting? They may tell you to shag off though...

SG

Advertisement