Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic

Options
  • 23-05-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi
    I know its early to be talking about the picnic, but I have my tickets so Im want to have everything arranged.
    We had a caravan at it before and it worked out great. If I wanted to hire a caravan where should I start looking? I googled and checked dd but not much turned up.
    I am half thinking about buying a cheap (1500 ish) 5-6 berth caravan and try resell after. Would spending that little only buy rubbish or could I pick up something reliable for that money?
    What is the resale market like for caravans? I would imagine its bad at the end of august so could be a good time to pick one up and hold onto it until the following spring.

Thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

You won't get much of a caravan for €1500, will probably be riddled with damp and impossible to sell on. Try these guys for a rental http://www.caravanhireireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Its is possbile to get a dry caravans around at that price but you need to expect to see an awful lot of ****e heaps before you find one, and accept that minging curtains, upholstery and scabby green/beige/brown enamel appliance are generally the norm at that that price point. You can be lucky neighbours picked up a mint one for 800 quid here thats been dragged around to every festival in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

Thanks for the info. I absoutely nothing about caravans. Is damp/rot the mai thing too look out for

pbergin wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I absoutely nothing about caravans. Is damp/rot the mai thing too look out for

Yes, a caravan is like a cardboard box, fairly study until it gets wet, nightmare to repair the rot too. You have to poke into every nook and cranny. Moisture meter can be handy.

I had a mate who's theory on repairing caravans was just keep adding more wood. No point in stripping anything because you'll just run out of things to screw into. At the point he told me this I think he was on his third inner skin pacman.gif

• Advertisement

I had a mate who's theory on repairing caravans was just keep adding more wood. No point in stripping anything because you'll just run out of things to screw into. At the point he told me this I think he was on his third inner skin pacman.gif

Three layers of mould and mildew he's obviously not an asthmatic then :P

Yeah guess not, he was a circus rigger not the palsy type. Mostly he used a 7.5 toner. The caravan was his back-up. Bitta used engine oil paint is great for the mildew :rolleyes:. That and a stove.

Advertisement