Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler heating actuator

Options
  • 23-05-2013 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

something iv never been sure of

4 colours brown, grey, orange, blue

blue is neutral. is the brown for the motorised valve, the grey permenant live and orange the sw live to the boiler?????

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The grey and orange are auxiliary connections. They simply connect to each other when the valve opens and disconnect when power is removed from the valve (and the spring closes the valve). These can be used in many different ways. I would use them to fire the boiler. That way when all valves are closed the boiler switched live turns off. Any valve opening can then fire the boiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

on some makes of valves one of the auxiliary wires is denoted a permanent feed
    the valve wont operate correctly if the perm feed is connected wrong

-i think it's an electrical return instead of spring return if i recall correctly

Advertisement