Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAS Arcade Cabinet and others

Options
  • 24-05-2013 7:12am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as this marketplace has to be christened, I might as well do it!

So, I am selling my BAS cab,
    Upright cab.
    2 player, 6 button CP
    Very clean and tidy.
    Currently has an amp installed for a pc to use the internal speakers.
    Coin mech takes sterling , works fine.
    Monitor chassis serviced last year.
    €200, no offers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I may also sell my G-Net with the mod bios, as well as a CF card for it.
    I'll price this at €150 collected.

I want that g-net but sadly Ive to pay the esb bill :(
    I also bought a BBQ last week and need to buy a gas bottle for it :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

urbanledge wrote: »
    I want that g-net but sadly Ive to pay the esb bill :(
    I also bought a BBQ last week and need to buy a gas bottle for it :(

Well, if it's still here in a few weeks we can deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

On the G-net is there many tate games? all games sites are blocked in work today for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

One of the main reasons for owning a GNET is for the tate shmups, there are some really great ones.

Some of them are pretty hard to come across, but if you have a modded system you obviously don't need to worry about that :)

• Advertisement

So will they all fit on 1 CF card?

safetyboy wrote: »
    On the G-net is there many tate games? all games sites are blocked in work today for some reason.

Take a peek at the formats wiki page, most of the games are there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

safetyboy wrote: »
    So will they all fit on 1 CF card?

You flash them one at a time afaik.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You flash them one at a time afaik.

I have flashing software along with other "files", all to u need to include is a card reader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Stick up a pic of the cab if you can Cidey

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Stick up a pic of the cab if you can Cidey

I'll do it later, at work till 8.30, never a dull moment here!

232833.jpg
    232832.jpg
    It has new 1p and 2p buttons now, and I have it running as a 4 button cp, with two buttons on the 1p side as controls for MAME, the 2p equivalents are plugged up.

The chassis is overhauled as well.

Right not sure if you are allow throw up trades here, (delete if so) I have this to trade if interested. I have never used it again as the cab has been in tate since I got it :)

http://etim.net.au/scart2arcV20_orders/orders.htm

controller board is in there too.

main_small.jpg

Edit: against the G-net that is!

No thanks.
    It's a lovely thing but no need cash to pay for new cab.

G-Net on hold for Urbanledge

BAS still for sale, €200 and it's yours to take away, it's in good nick, replaced a few buttons and the chassis was serviced, so it's running great , also left an inline amp in there so if you have a Mame PC you use the in-cab speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just to make 100% sure before I commit to this as I'm relatively new to the cabinet scene, this wouldn't have a problem with me plugging in a PC with Hyperspin set up on it?

This could do me well as a first cabinet to get me up to speed :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

..feck your candy cabs , this is the kind of thing I'm after!! (or at least it would be if I wasnt broke from the Taito mini's (and generally broke anyway)
    GLWS man!

Master of the Universe

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ..feck your candy cabs , this is the kind of thing I'm after!! (or at least it would be if I wasnt broke from the Taito mini's (and generally broke anyway)
    GLWS man!

Funny how most of us who have owned woody cabinets god rid of them and now own candy cabs instead. I wonder why that is... :D

- One a more serious note, this cab is nice. If I had more space I'd snap it up at €200.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

o1s1n wrote: »
    Funny how most of us who have owned woody cabinets god rid of them and now own candy cabs instead. I wonder why that is... :D

- One a more serious note, this cab is nice. If I had more space I'd snap it up at €200.

er.. why is that?
    (seriously its a generational thing maybe but I think woodies look better than candies, but its probably as wood cabs=arcade when I actually went to them as a kid (80's to early nineties))

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Ah yeah, I was in the exact same boat and a good wood cab is the authentic Irish childhood experience that can't be beat! I'd still love to own one and would buy this BAS if I could fit it in somewhere.

Edit - sorry for spoiling your ad Ciderman, forgot where I was. Good luck with the sale :)

Just to reiterate, this BAS is a steal. Recently serviced chassis, won't have to worry about the CRT in it for a long time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Im the opposite, maybe it will change with time, but I just think the candy cabs look like washing machines with tvs in them.

Both the G-net and BAS are now sold.
    Happy trails to the arcade journeymen who bought them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement