Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How easy is Spanish?

Options
  • 24-05-2013 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

hi!

So I've been thinking of picking up Spanish next year and taking it for the leaving cert (I'm in third year now). I know that it's easier than French and French is my strongest subject (95% in mocks) so i was thinking, why not? And yesterday I was doing the 2011 JC ordinary spanish reading comp., just to see what i would get. i got 70% never having studied Spanish!
    So for all of you do Spanish, do you think that I could teach myself (at least to JC level)? All the classes I've found online are for those who took it for JC and my school doesnt offer it so I've no access to a teacher!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It's not a hard language to learn if you've a knack for languages. The structure is fairly uniform with a few exceptions. I found the spelling the easiest, it spells like it sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

pvakelly wrote: »
    hi!

So I've been thinking of picking up Spanish next year and taking it for the leaving cert (I'm in third year now). I know that it's easier than French and French is my strongest subject (95% in mocks) so i was thinking, why not? And yesterday I was doing the 2011 JC ordinary spanish reading comp., just to see what i would get. i got 70% never having studied Spanish!
    So for all of you do Spanish, do you think that I could teach myself (at least to JC level)? All the classes I've found online are for those who took it for JC and my school doesnt offer it so I've no access to a teacher!

Thanks! :)
    You Sir/Madam, have a gift! I wonder from my italian skills .. how well i'd do on a Spanish reading comperhension.:pac: Also, get grinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Haha thanks! Languages are definitely my strong point so I might aswell take up another one- I really enjoy learning them too!

Advertisement