Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UB rant

Options
  • 24-05-2013 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

I travelled to Finland via Sweden yesterday, and used my UB Visa Debit couple of times in Sweden.

Then i went to buy a ticket to airport coach, and my card was declined. Went to ATM and tried to withdraw money, declined.

2 mins after that i got an automated call from fraud team, that asked me to confirm my dob etc, and listening the latest transactions and confirm them.
    I did that and the ban was lifted, and i was able to use my card again..

Then i took my flight to Finland, tried to pay parking, declined, withdraw money..declined..

Called to the bank, they told me that there was a ban again in the card, its now lifted, should work.. tried again..declined by card supplier.. called again, they told me that they can see that UB declined the transaction, but there is no reason why, or they dont know why.. they did something and asked me to try again.. declined by card supplier..

At this point i was so furious.. called again, and they told me that it should work, and i should try different atm's.

Tried 5 different one's. Declined by card supplier..

Called again.. they told me again, that UB computers declined the transactions, but they dont know why, was asked to try again..

At this point, after spent nearly 2 hours on the phone from abroad i gave up. Im gonna make one more try today, and after that use my credit card for the rest of the trip.

Is there anyone else who had similar problems with UB Visa Debit abroad? My card worked perfectly fine here last christmas. I think its the fraud team that is incompetent there, and there is still some flag in my card that i cant use it.

Im propably gonna send them the phonebill for the 2 hours of calls when im back, dont know im entitled to it, but im going to try anyway.

Rant over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

They are useless in UB, I was in branch here in Ireland and my card was declined there. I wanted it to be sorted as in 3 days I was traveling abroad so they called bank manager and she said I should apply for replacement card and it might take around 5-6 days to get it. So I asked them to give me all money from my current account and saving account (and even tho it was few thousand they didn't mind) and went to AIB branch where I have another account. Never had any issue with AIB.

My card was locked because I paid for hotel booking in Kuala Lumpur, and it's good thing to lock card if such transaction is made, but I never got a call .. only when I came back from holiday found letter that my card was locked and I should contact them :)

Advertisement