Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 confirmed for Europe in 2013? (Metro ad)

• 24-05-2013 9:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

This ad was run in today's Metro in the UK.

LLEU4g4.jpg

Apparently there may be an ad running during tomorrow's Champions' League.

Not quite an specific date but, promising?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Let's see if they can keep the promise unlike the PS3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Germany, France and the UK will get it First and like every thing else we be a week or 2 before we get our hands on it,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cork24 wrote: »
    Germany, France and the UK will get it First and like every thing else we be a week or 2 before we get our hands on it,

Which happened at no console launch ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

i can remember the first Xbox, and PS one doing it

and i do think Xbox 360 done it aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Let's see if they can keep the promise unlike the PS3!

This is a more specific statement than they made on PS3.

One thing to stand up at E3 and say 'worldwide 2005!" - or whatever - another thing to take an ad out in a local paper and say it's coming in a specific year.

It'd be even cheekier if the Champions League ad says this and it's not really locked in. I guess we will see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

any word on price??? might get rid of ps3 soon get some cash up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have feelings that we might see it even in September? Or at least October. What ever it will be, they really will want to ship it before the big "wallet open season" time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Cork24 wrote: »
    i can remember the first Xbox, and PS one doing it

and i do think Xbox 360 done it aswell

Your talking out of your ass, the first Xbox launched in all of Europe on the same date, along with the ps1, ps2, ps3 and xbox 360

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28sixth_generation%29#Comparison

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generation%29#Comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

VinLieger wrote: »
    Your talking out of your ass, the first Xbox launched in all of Europe on the same date, along with the ps1, ps2, ps3 and xbox 360

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28sixth_generation%29#Comparison

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generation%29#Comparison

Stern.Stern but fair

I'm old enough to remember. The only European launch close to what he said was the cluster**** of the N64 launch which nintendo snuck out in Germany a few weeks before the rest of Europe since it was their biggest market and their HQ is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Methinks someone is getting confused with an Apple iphone/ipad release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I had thought they had already confirmed it for holiday season 2013?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

C14N wrote: »
    I had thought they had already confirmed it for holiday season 2013?

They did confirm a worldwide release date for it - it remains to see if they will do it.

I'm surprised people are surprised at this announcement - I thought it was fairly well known that they were going for a world wide release this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

F1ngers wrote: »
    They did confirm a worldwide release date for it - it remains to see if they will do it.

I'm surprised people are surprised at this announcement - I thought it was fairly well known that they were going for a world wide release this year.

Yeah same, was pretty sure they had said exactly that during the conference, and if not it was reported in the gaming press

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭grumpig

Any idea of what the price of the ps4 in UK would be? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Lets get it over here and available then... roll on some dates we can plan to.

I remember splashing nearly €800 on the PS3 launch with multiple joypads and games.... I really hope I'm not having to spend as much this time.

The only "issue" I have is that there are still some big games to come on the PS3 and they'll be running alongside each other...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Price on Amazon.de is €599, sounds about right but i do think this is just a placement price to cover the cost as both PS4 and xbox one are set to 599. Good chance it will be a good bit below this but not over.

Games are 65-99 too.

http://www.amazon.de/Sony-PlayStation-4-Konsole/dp/B00BIYAO3K/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369742719&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Going to get it with Assasins creed 4 and watchdogs going to be awesome hopefully the console itself wont hit more than €500 though

It's just a placement cost, nobody knows the true price until it's announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ps4 should have backwards compatibility for playable ps3 disks since its not backwards compatibility its not worth buy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ps4 should have backwards compatibility for playable ps3 disks

It won't be backwards compatible with PS3 games, disks or PSN downloads.

The only BC solution they have said they are investigating is using the Gaikai tech to stream those games over the cloud. Probably won't be implemented for years, if at all.

EDIT: Sorry, only saw you edited your post now. TBH BC doesn't bother me. I will be holding onto my PS3 anyway.

its doesnt matter im not upgrading anymore the wiiu wiill my last console that i ever buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Why don't they have backwards compatibility. I could understand it going from PS2 to PS3 with the whole DVD to BluRay thing.. But this is still BluRay..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Danger781 wrote: »
    Why don't they have backwards compatibility. I could understand it going from PS2 to PS3 with the whole DVD to BluRay thing.. But this is still BluRay..

The architecture of the consoles are completely different, it's nothing to do with what the disc is. They're going from the Cell processor to an AMD x86 based processor, so the PS4 won't be able to run the old code.

Danger781 wrote: »

You talking only about the format game is stored m8, which has nothing to do with the processing of data on that disc. Ps3 and ps4 have completely separate hardware to run games. So to make it backwards compatible, they would need to put in ps3 hardware in it too. This would increase consoles price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

BC is a non issue for me I only ever played 2 PS2 games on my PS3. One was Pro evo 5 and the other Killzone 2.

I won't be trading in my PS3 so I can just use that to play the Ps3 games.

BC is a non issue for me I only ever played 2 PS2 games on my PS3. One was Pro evo 5 and the other Killzone 2.

I won't be trading in my PS3 so I can just use that to play the Ps3 games.

I got fat 60gb ps3, which plays all ps1 ps2 ps3 games. I ordered last night 500gb for it so I am not planing on throwing it away. So BC does not really worries me too.
    Ps3 and PS+ is a fantastic bundle, which will be still alive for years after new gen out.

I got fat 60gb ps3, which plays all ps1 ps2 ps3 games. I ordered last night 500gb for it so I am not planing on throwing it away. So BC does not really worries me too.
    Ps3 and PS+ is a fantastic bundle, which will be still alive for years after new gen out.

it probably will if ps4 cost more then €600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

ps4 should have backwards compatibility for playable ps3 disks since its not backwards compatibility its not worth buy it

Why is backward compatibility so important? The only people who will want it are PS3 owners, and for them it's just a case of hanging onto the console.
    its doesnt matter im not upgrading anymore the wiiu wiill my last console that i ever buy

Planning on giving up video games after the Wii U life cycle?
    it probably will if ps4 cost more then €600

It's unlikely the PS4 will cost as much as the PS3 after the fiasco of the PS3 launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Zavvi have the PS4 up to preorder at €499.99 at the moment. I dread to think if come October/November Gamestop are still the only prominent games retailer how much many of us without the capabilities to buy online will be bitch raped on bundles and shortages.

Advertisement