Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 confirmed for Europe in 2013? (Metro ad)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Zavvi have the PS4 up to preorder at €499.99 at the moment. I dread to think if come October/November Gamestop are still the only prominent games retailer how much many of us without the capabilities to buy online will be bitch raped on bundles and shortages.

There will be a few options. Toy shops like Smyths should still have them as well as Argos and big supermarkets like Tesco. Still would be a lot nicer if HMV and Game were still around for some more serious competition though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a order in for the PS4 on Amazon, will have to deal with the wait and I'm not sure how the bundles will be handled if I want to change later but it's better than chancing the price that I could get charged if I pre-order in a shop.

I got fat 60gb ps3, which plays all ps1 ps2 ps3 games. I ordered last night 500gb for it so I am not planing on throwing it away. So BC does not really worries me too.
    Ps3 and PS+ is a fantastic bundle, which will be still alive for years after new gen out.

Have a 500GB in my 60GB right now but I just got a 1TB for it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Deano7788 wrote: »
    The architecture of the consoles are completely different, it's nothing to do with what the disc is. They're going from the Cell processor to an AMD x86 based processor, so the PS4 won't be able to run the old code.
    You talking only about the format game is stored m8, which has nothing to do with the processing of data on that disc. Ps3 and ps4 have completely separate hardware to run games. So to make it backwards compatible, they would need to put in ps3 hardware in it too. This would increase consoles price.

Yeah I should have realised that. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

hey my nintendo 64 and gamecube still working at 100 % and still buy games for them at rage and 3d games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Danger781 wrote: »
    Why don't they have backwards compatibility. I could understand it going from PS2 to PS3 with the whole DVD to BluRay thing.. But this is still BluRay..

Why don't xbox games work on ps3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I won't be picking one up this year anyways. Even if I could afford it, which I can't, I'm in no rush to hop straight onto a new gen of machinces. I always like to sit back and watch for the first while- see which ones get the good games, which ones my friends are playing (for swaps and online play), and most importantly, see which ones are bugged out of it. After all that, and a reasonable price drop, I'll dig in.

C14N wrote: »
    There will be a few options. Toy shops like Smyths should still have them as well as Argos and big supermarkets like Tesco. Still would be a lot nicer if HMV and Game were still around for some more serious competition though.

argos and littlewoods prices for consoles usual €10-€20 extra more to pay then retail price for example if is retail price going be €499.99 then in argos it will be €510.99 and in littlewoods it will be €519.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'd be happy enough with 520. I've got 700 quid down on it, but I'm hoping to get a few games with that.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'd be happy enough with 520. I've got 700 quid down on it, but I'm hoping to get a few games with that.

well dont plan to spend all the money at littlewoods because the games more likely €70-€80 when other shops they will be around €60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Amazon are taking pre-orders on the XBox One: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/ref=pe_283501_36832851_pe_02b/?ASIN=B00BE4OUBG

However they have a big exclaimer saying the £599 price has not been set by Microsoft and it is very likely to change.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    Amazon are taking pre-orders on the XBox One: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/ref=pe_283501_36832851_pe_02b/?ASIN=B00BE4OUBG

However they have a big exclaimer saying the £599 price has not been set by Microsoft and it is very likely to change.

that €700

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    that €700

My guess: they're high balling it so they won't have to send anyone who pre-orders emails that they have to increase the price due to what Microsoft has set. They really hate doing this. On the other hand it does mean they can offer a lot of "reductions" to people if the console price is saner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

It's just a placeholder price. Their system obviously needs products to have a price for them to be sold/ordered.

danthefan wrote: »
    It's just a placeholder price. Their system obviously needs products to have a price for them to be sold/ordered.

Yarr, but Amazon usually try and quote higher than what it is expected from what I've seen before with electronics.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yarr, but Amazon usually try and quote higher than what it is expected from what I've seen before with electronics.

I believe they got caught out with the price of the WiiU - they priced it lower than retail and had to honour it.

That's why they are over-pricing the next gen consoles.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I believe they got caught out with the price of the WiiU - they priced it lower than retail and had to honour it.

That's why they are over-pricing the next gen consoles.

Are you thinking of this: http://www.geek.com/games/amazon-cancels-300-wii-u-pre-orders-1496657/

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shakermaker321

Is the PS4 really gonna be worth getting lads when it comes out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

nope! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Depends on how you interpret it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Amazon DO say that if you pre-order something from them and the price goes down before it is released, they'll give you it's lowest price. So if the price turns out to be €400-500 (a likely price imo) then they already have a system to drop it to that. I'd say they were pretty annoyed after that Wii U issue since they ended up losing out on all of their early pre-orders so they put a price that they knew wouldn't be too low this time. If it turns out to be a stupid price even after the reveal, you can always cancel it.

Well that's pretty subjective. There's no simple answer to that question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If current console release trends continue as they have done for a long time, then no, not for a good while after launch. Guess we'll have to wait & see what the launch line up will be really

too early try preorder now because the ps4 or xbox one wont be out until next spring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭lertsnim

too early try preorder now because the ps4 or xbox one wont be out until next spring

Someone should inform Sony. They were advertising that the PS4 was coming in 2013 at the Champions League final.

PS4 will be out before christmas... :rolleyes:

Danger781 wrote: »
    PS4 will be out before christmas... :rolleyes:

a few months ago they advertise in gamesmaster magazine that ps4 and xbox one release date tbc next spring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

a few months ago they advertise in gamesmaster magazine that ps4 and xbox one release date tbc next spring

And a few days ago Sony advertised it would be available this year.

a few months ago

That's your problem right there.

Advertisement