Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling forms

Options
  • 24-05-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Vapers, would you tick Smoker or Non-Smoker when filling forms (insurance forms etc)? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Non-Smoker.

Much the same way I'm a non-driver because I don't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Hasn't come up for me as yet...but Non-smoker as I don't smoke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

I haven't smoked for 6 months. Vaping happily. I will wait another 6 months and change my mortgage insurance. It is really great to be non-smoker again :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Driving, insurance etc, Non-smoker.

However if I was in Hospital I'd write e-cig user or something on the box. Nicotine can cause various side effects and you're also getting some PG/VG into your stomach.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yep, I'd go with non-smoker, but I would mention vaping to doctors etc because of the nicotine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I actually can't wait to stick 'non-smoker' down, it'll be a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

I actually can't wait to stick 'non-smoker' down, it'll be a first.

I was checking this out - for insurance purposes you should check with the company - a lot of companies supposedly still class you as a smoker if you still use nicotine - like nicorette etc
    I still have another 8 months before I'm off the cigarettes a year - however I'm going to query it before I change to non smoking status - just in case there's any loophole or something that voids my policy if I still use nicotine - would advise everyone to do the same - does anyone know more on this (longer term vapers ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

they need to add "Nicotine Addict" Its more.. PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I was checking this out - for insurance purposes you should check with the company - a lot of companies supposedly still class you as a smoker if you still use nicotine - like nicorette etc
    I still have another 8 months before I'm off the cigarettes a year - however I'm going to query it before I change to non smoking status - just in case there's any loophole or something that voids my policy if I still use nicotine - would advise everyone to do the same - does anyone know more on this (longer term vapers ?)

It would be a lot harder for them to prove you were a 'vaper' rather than a smoker no? Would you have to put down smoker if you used patches? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

if they do decide to test you at any point to see if you are smoking or not, it will be a nicotine urine test , same as US staff applying for some companies and hospitals that can face termination on failing a nicotine test if they smoke OR vape!.

Something to bear in mind. So if the question comes up on a form, ask the insurers for clarification or risk your policy being voided in the case of a claim.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/us/11smoking.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

if they do decide to test you at any point to see if you are smoking or not, it will be a nicotine urine test , same as US staff applying for some companies and hospitals that can face termination on failing a nicotine test if they smoke OR vape!.

Something to bear in mind. So if the question comes up on a form, ask the insurers for clarification or risk your policy being voided in the case of a claim.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/us/11smoking.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Advertisement