Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HEO meeting.

• 24-05-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have a meeting with my HEO (formerly Community Welfare Officer) I have multiple rejection letters as I've been seeking work for a number of months now.
    I've retrained myself in a new skill by doing a night course, which I took out a loan to pursue as I found nothing but rejection and long waiting lists when I applied for any course through FAS. I'm nearly finished my qualification (only 2 weeks left!) once I'm finished the course and have my qualification I expect finding work to be a lot easier.

Just wondering if I should mention this course to my HEO?
    I can't afford to have my JSB cut but I am wondering can they cut it?

Any feedback would be much appreciated as I'm very uncertain and anxious as to what to say.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The CWO generally dose not deal with jobseekers claims,are you getting rent allowance or Supplementary Welfare Allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

mp22 wrote: »
    The CWO generally dose not deal with jobseekers claims,are you getting rent allowance or Supplementary Welfare Allowance.

No none, just basic JSB. About two weeks after I first signed on I had to attend a meeting with a group of people about INTREO and job seeking. Then I was sent to the HEO who discussed what kind of work it was I was looking for and basically told me that they're there to support me and help me find work, though I wasn't even told where the local 'jobs club' was located. I was also told at the meeting that if they feel I'm not looking for work then they can cut my money.

I feel as though it's a check up to make sure I have a good CV and proof of job applications (I have both) but I'm just wondering if they can cut my money?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Abcd1

Hi
    In similar position as far as I know its a new thing intreo I was first called in october and every 6/7 weeks since to provide proof of jobs applied for which I have no problem doing. But with 3 children I'm not in a financial position to avail of one of there internships of 39 hrs for €50 or day courses. I like you am afraid that my means tested payment of €70 pw will be cut so I went to citizens advice and the lady explained that they cannot make you take on something that will make you financially worse off. She said to keep sending off cvs and explain that you are in need full time work to cover childcare costs etc.

HEO advice wrote: »
    No none, just basic JSB. About two weeks after I first signed on I had to attend a meeting with a group of people about INTREO and job seeking. Then I was sent to the HEO who discussed what kind of work it was I was looking for and basically told me that they're there to support me and help me find work, though I wasn't even told where the local 'jobs club' was located. I was also told at the meeting that if they feel I'm not looking for work then they can cut my money.

I feel as though it's a check up to make sure I have a good CV and proof of job applications (I have both) but I'm just wondering if they can cut my money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, thanks for the info it was very reassuring. I also went to Citizen's Information too and they told me the same thing.

Advertisement