Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving the Causeway Coastal Route - how much driving time should I allow

Options
  • 24-05-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I am driving from Derry to Belfast next Saturday morning.Driving along the following route

http://causewaycoastalroute.com/causewaycoastalroutemap.htm

Dont plan to take any diversions off the main route but will make a few stops at Bushmills the Giants causeway and the carrick a rede ropebridge. Might make some brief stops at some pretty scenic spots along the way. Will be leaving at 10 in the morning. Any idea how long this will take? Want to arrive in Belfast around 7/8 oclock. Is there time to make a foray into the Glens of Antrim?

Any advic egreatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

firstly you are mad.

I'd be stopping and throwing my self OFF the carricarede rope bridge after that!

but seriously, you should be fine, depending on how long your stops are. Bushmills, giants causeway & carricarede are all in a short space, so once you're past Carriclarede you should be able to work out how much time you have to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

You should have loads of time. Rather than follow the main route the whole way, I'd make two diversions (also marked on the map), over Binevenagh and round Torr Head. By the time you get to Cushendun, you should be able to decide if you have time to take in a 'glen' or two.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Its a drive I'd love to do my self. Done it once as a passenger starting in Belfast, heading to Letterkenny via Derry. Wanted to go to Giants Causeway, but was either that or the Rope Bridge. If I ever drive it my delf will make sure to do both.

Advertisement