Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Street

Options
  • 23-05-2013 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a place off Killarney Street - any advice on the area. Is this area known as North Strand or is it more Five lamps or is it all one and the same. Many Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

DaveCol wrote: »
    The OP is originally from Coolock - see the first post

Post is from 2011 though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

I'm thinking of buying a place off Killarney Street - any advice on the area. Is this area known as North Strand or is it more Five lamps or is it all one and the same. Many Thanks.

It's more Summerhill than North Strand, imo. Is Five Lamps known as an "area"? I always just referred to it as a landmark.

Anyway, I don't like it much around there. It can be a little sketchy around Killarney/Railway/Buckingham Street area, I find. Compared to over the canal in North Strand "proper" or Ballybough anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from zombie thread.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

The area tends to be known as Dublin 1. You don't mention is it for yourself to live in or not? If it is then I'd suggest you have a wander around the area on a Friday or Saturday night and see how you feel.

There's lots of good people in the area, but in general it wouldn't be most people's first choice to live in. That said, it's very central, cheap and close to good transport links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Had a look today. I have to say it wasn't for me (the area I am looking for somewhere to buy to live in.) Oddly wandering up the road (North Strand) a bit I found places I would live in but not here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement