Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a weekday job

Options
  • 24-05-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

I'll be on a gap year this September and living in Cork city. I have freelance work a lot of weekends so want to keep my weekends (Fri and Sat really) free and wondering what kind of part time jobs would only employ you for Sun-Thurs? Surely most retail places would need you particularly on weekends so I'm just looking for ideas for places to start looking for work... I already have a job but I'm a bit at the end of my tether with it and don't want to start a retail job and tell them I need weekends off..!) Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kia_Kaha

Hello!

OK so there's no real easy answer to your situation. Most retail jobs would want you to cover weekends as it's the busiest time.

Off the top of my head - what about part-time work in an office? Usually offices are busiest in the week and part-time workers are usually needed for things like reception, answering phones, admin etc. Might we worth looking more in that area.

Good luck - I hope you find something suitable!

Kia Kaha x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

in my experience, retail stores will want weekday people from september on. Most of their staff will be going back to school or college and will only work weekends, leaving a gap to fill during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Thanks guys, yeah it's basically what I was thinking just wondering if there were any other options! I'll get my thinking cap on :)

Advertisement