Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Status Nightclub Mulhuddart Village

Options
  • 24-05-2013 2:14pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm hearing ads for this on the Radio the last few days..

Have they reopened the old Ice/Shanty venue? or is this a different place altogether?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

xzanti wrote: »
    I'm hearing ads for this on the Radio the last few days..

Have they reopened the old Ice/Shanty venue? or is this a different place altogether?

Status is the night club in the Shanty (or Paidi Og's as it's now known). I hadn't heard it was reopening. I live close by to it so there's go my sleep on Friday/Saturday nights as you can hear the music quite clearly pumping out till half 2 or whenever it shuts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cheers, yeah was thinking it was the Shanty alright.. Do you know is it underneath where Ice was, or in the Function Room upstairs?

Used to live very close myself.. I know it well!!

xzanti wrote: »
    Cheers, yeah was thinking it was the Shanty alright.. Do you know is it underneath where Ice was, or in the Function Room upstairs?

Used to live very close myself.. I know it well!!

I don't know as I've never been in it. I just vaguely remember the sign when heading into Tescos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's where Ice used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Its where the function room was upstairs the Tesco is now where Ice used to be ... They opened Status back up as Heaven/Light closed down

• Advertisement

Did not know that Ice was actually where Tesco was, thought that was just a storage area!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Another classy establishment on my doorstep, which will undoubtedly attract some fine sorts. Can't wait.

It's been open a while...

January wrote: »
    It's been open a while...

To be fair it hasn't been as loud as it has in the past but you can still hear the thump, thump, thump though.

It gets really bad however when (if?) we ever get some decent weather and it gets hot in there and they open the doors to let some air in. Then it is like the DJ is in your living room playing really crap music really loud.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I can't find much about it online.. even on Facebook.

I 'Google Imaged' it and a picture of Blanch Garda Station popped up among others :D not a good sign I guess :p

• Advertisement

Check out Paidi Og's on facebook they've got pictures of it there

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

What happened light? i was going to check it out this wkend as I live near it :(

Any reviews on this Paidi Og's place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

What happened light? i was going to check it out this wkend as I live near it :(

Any reviews on this Paidi Og's place

I don't know why Light closed up I thought it was going to reopen under a different name like the way with West >Heaven >Light >? but apparently its gone for the foreseeable future?

Re: Paidi Og's aka Status ... I was only there once and a fella got slashed up in front of me on the dance floor so needless to say It was my first and last time to go there!

Advertisement