Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to bring an American girl for a night out tonight?

Options
  • 24-05-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Met this nice American girl last night. Going to meet up tonight. I'm trying to think of good places to go to. Suppose something touristy wouldn't be bad as she hasn't been around much. Would slightly prefer to avoid alcohol.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Captain America's.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 the5thace

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Dinner in the Boxty House in Temple Bar; my American cousins loved it. Then head to one of the pubs in Temple Bar for live Trad, or there's a place down by Dice Bar which also does trad music, but doesn't tend to be as packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

the5thace wrote: »
    Met this nice American girl last night. Going to meet up tonight. I'm trying to think of good places to go to. Suppose something touristy wouldn't be bad as she hasn't been around much. Would slightly prefer to avoid alcohol.

Any suggestions?

You found that out already :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

kylith wrote: »
    Dinner in the Boxty House in Temple Bar; my American cousins loved it. Then head to one of the pubs in Temple Bar for live Trad, or there's a place down by Dice Bar which also does trad music, but doesn't tend to be as packed.

frank ryan's I think you're thinking of

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

You found that out already :confused:

She's avoiding alcohol, it's kind of obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Could be it. I was there quite late one night, and I've always meant to go back; it's nice to listen to some music while having a quiet pint.
    Tweej wrote: »
    She's avoiding alcohol, it's kind of obvious.

If you're going to avoid pubs there really aren't many places to go tonight. She could stick to Cokes if she doesn't want to booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Doubt it, Ryans wouldn't have trad on a Friday or Saturday night. I'd imagine its the Cobblestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 the5thace

Heh, i'm actually trying to avoid the booze myself. Had a few last night. Have a slightly sore head. Probably will end up getting a pint somewhere convenient after the mystery bus but the other suggestions might be good for next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Tell her you have a potato tree back at your gaff if the ghost bus goes well, she should come back and have a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I love the Porterhouse in TempleBar.

Porterhouse Templebar link

They do nice food and there's a great Irish band called "Sliotar" who play on Saturday & Sundays there. ( free )

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the laughter lounge or comedy club in the international are good and don't solely rely on drink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Empty your pockets in Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

reprazant wrote: »
    Doubt it, Ryans wouldn't have trad on a Friday or Saturday night. I'd imagine its the Cobblestone.
    '
    cobblestone isnt really near dice bar tho, and he never said he went on friday sat either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Cobblestone for some trad music.

or

The Gate Theater (spell it that way so she knows what you're on about).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

back to your gaf and smash the heart and soul out of her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

or mulligans for the best guinness in dublin

Advertisement