Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant ferret

• 24-05-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

I've a young pregnant Jill
    She's a huge big belly on her but she is losing weight up around her ribs area
    She looks to be active enough and is pulling her hair out while building her best and she is eating anything I give her and plenty of food like ferret food, day old chicks, and rabbit and plenty of water
    Is is normal for her to lose that much weight as my ferret last year didn't lose that much weight.
    Oh she also looks to be ready in two weeks for the birth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I know when any of my dogs are at the final stage of pregnancy and about to have their litter, their belly starts to drop which makes them look thinner around the spine rib/area. I've a bitch due this weekend.

Not sure if its the same for ferrets but could this be the case? Has she been wormed?

Maybe ask for info on breeding on a ferret forum. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it here so I have sent it in a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

9 kits arrived this morning

Mother and kits all doing great now
    1 died 2 week ago so 8 babies doing great and getting big

THey get big fast , dont they.

THey get big fast , dont they.

Very fast. :D
    Eyes aren't open yet

• Advertisement

Very fast. :D
    Eyes aren't open yet

Once that happens, all hell breaks loose :D What colours did you get ?

Once that happens, all hell breaks loose :D What colours did you get ?

They're all looking to be albinos. Ive a dark polecat hob with black mask and a albino lad so guess I know who the father is.
    4 girls and 4 boys

I thought that with mine some years back. But we ended up with 2 albinos, a silver and 2 polecats. They were all white to start off though.

I read online that they do change colour.
    I'd like to see them turn out like my dark polecat. He has lovely markings on him and lovely mask aswell.

I read online that they do change colour.
    I'd like to see them turn out like my dark polecat. He has lovely markings on him and lovely mask aswell.

I love ferrets, i am trying to convince a friend to get one as a pet. She is unsure what to get. Possibly one of the greatest pets you can get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement