Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to buy stuff from USA PSN store

Options
  • 24-05-2013 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I want to get Fire Pro wrestling... came out on their PSN store last month but it isn't coming out on the EU store :(

I know I can set up an American PSN account, but how do I get money into it? Can I use my Irish visa? Or do I have to buy an American PSN card online? Where would I get one of them?

Game is $9.99

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Buy a Us psn voucher,you can get them on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I assume your Irish Credit card would work but just typed US PSN card into ebay and got this.
    I'm really bored. Is the weekend going to start soon?

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=us+psn+card&_sacat=0&_from=R40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Anyone use this site?

http://cardscodes.com/

I hate ebay, was ripped off in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I assume you need a create a US account too, in addition to buying US points?

EnterNow wrote: »
    I assume you need a create a US account too, in addition to buying US points?
    Yeah I have a US account,tis easy to set up, just put in a Yank state and zip code.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

playasia is the best place to get digital PSN codes for the US store. They sell at cost so $20 gets you $20 PSN credit.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    playasia is the best place to get digital PSN codes for the US store. They sell at cost so $20 gets you $20 PSN credit.
    http://www.play-asia.com/PlayStation_Network_Card_US_20_for_US_network_only/paOS-13-71-io-49-en-70-3y12.html

So this should do me? They are a reputable site? They just send me the code via email?

Thanks for all the help everyone btw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

http://www.play-asia.com/PlayStation_Network_Card_US_20_for_US_network_only/paOS-13-71-io-49-en-70-3y12.html

So this should do me? They are a reputable site? They just send me the code via email?

They're one of the longest running game stores out there, as reputable as can be :) I've used them a few times for codes and received them effectively instantly. I think you get them through the site itself rather than through email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I set up a Uk, US and Japanese accounts to check out the store in other countries but never bought anything off the store. Is it possible ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I use playasia all the time. You get the codes instantaneously from them through their site. They are also good for getting import games but since the games are coming from hong kong you might bewaiting 3 weeks for delivery.

Cheers guys, just waiting for them to process my order, tis the middle of the night in Hong Kong so might be a while yet until the transaction goes through and they email me the code :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I set up a Uk, US and Japanese accounts to check out the store in other countries but never bought anything off the store. Is it possible ?

It is, I've bought stuff from the US and Japanese stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Amazon.com are back selling PSN Cards again the last few weeks.
    They stopped them a good while back, must have been 12 - 18 months ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Playstation-Network-Card-Online/dp/B004RMK4BC/

Haven't tried one since they started selling them again though.
    Previously when you bought the online card the code appeared in your account under Your Games and Software Library

aindriu80 wrote: »

Yep, I set up a US account, bought the US PSN card ($20) from playasia for 16 euro or so and am now downloading a game from the US store - and weeping because of my ****e internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Yep, I set up a US account, bought the US PSN card ($20) from playasia for 16 euro or so and am now downloading a game from the US store - and weeping because of my ****e internet

Cool, might be worth a shot depending on the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I was looking to do the same thing to get the exac same game.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I was looking to do the same thing to get the exac same game.
    It's worked for me, only thing holding m back is the crap internet I have (was out for a few days) so my dl is still only at 80%.

Here's how I did it:

1. Set up an American PSN account (just set your country to the USA and put in an American address/zipcode, I used 90210, California)

2. Bought a $20 dollar US PSN card from Play Asia website, they emailed me the code the next day.

3. Added it to my wallet, and bought the game and started downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So like when you download this on you're newly created US account can you then play it off you're main Irish account ?? Because been looking at this on youtube and yeah i want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4bO4DGDQNo

does anybody know where you can get the saves this guy is talking about with al the updated rosters and things

So like when you download this on you're newly created US account can you then play it off you're main Irish account ?? Because been looking at this on youtube and yeah i want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4bO4DGDQNo

does anybody know where you can get the saves this guy is talking about with al the updated rosters and things
    here: http://www.fireproclub.com/

Yeah I think you can play it on your irish accout, but yo cant play online like with any account

My net messed up and it was corrupted so I'm downloading it again :(

• Advertisement

Meh don't need to play it online, just had a foreign version if it years ago and found it brilliant just hadn't a clue how to do anything but the matchs of it unless i learned japanese lol

Meh don't need to play it online, just had a foreign version if it years ago and found it brilliant just hadn't a clue how to do anything but the matchs of it unless i learned japanese lol
    Haha same here, I had a dreamcast emulator on my laptop and I played it on that, bloody hard to figure out whats what but the gameplay is really miles ahead of any other game.

Vader and Dr Death are awesome in these games, they have moves which just murder people

I've been looking Fireproarena and it seems mind boggling getting those saves to work im not the least bit tech savvy so not looking forward to attempting it, going to download now in the morning while im at work :D

Its dead handy, you just download and then copy it to your ps3

Really ? Any thing i've looked at over there made it sound really complicated whats the actual process ? I know you need a usb thats about it

Theres a good thread here about the game and saves: http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1cyog2/fire_pro_wrestling_returns_now_available_on_psn/
    Heres the relevant bit:
    To use the following file, just copy the the PS3 folder to a thumb drive. Stick the PS3 thumb drive into your PS3, go to Games > Save Data Utility (PS2) > And then copy from your drive. (WARNING!!!!! This WILL overwrite your current save. DANGER WILL ROBINSON!)

Sounds easy enough, theres a whole bunch of saves out there

Is there any other good PSN exclusives to get , now that i've got a spare ten dollars lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Does anyone know the legality of this?

I thought purchasing non-eu goods required import duties/taxes?

UCDVet wrote: »

Who the hell cares?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

UCDVet wrote: »

This is a download from the PSN shop. You're not buying a physical disc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement