Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking subscription payments

Options
  • 24-05-2013 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm working on something at the moment that website owners could add on to their site to help them conduct business.

In exchange I want to charge a monthly subscription fee.

I don't know the first thing about charging subscription fees, so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Is it something we'd have to set up with a payment processor like Realex, or are there 3rd party services that can handle the payments for you?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You're probably looking for something like a membership plugin that interacts with payment processors. There are quite a few options, depending on whether you want a full merchant account or if something like PayPal recurring payments is good enough, etc.

Check out Amember, which is very clunky but powerful, YourMembers, one of the better WordPress membership plugins, Wishlist, one of the best marketed Wordpress plugins (but not one of the better solutions). That should be a good start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Check out FastSpring (also goes by the brand SaaSy). They can handle subscription product/service e-commerce (shopping cart, check-out, coupons) and recurring billing with multiple currencies and payment options. I know one of the founders and from my research they run an excellent service at a very fair price.

http://www.fastspring.com/features-subscription.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Hi,

I recommend WorldNet for this. They have an automated recurring payments system which we used for subscriptions. As far as I know, none of the other Irish payment gateways provide such a solution. It's very flexible and very easy to use.

Advertisement