Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving of Other Cars

Options
  • 24-05-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi , I have a question about driving of other cars on my liberty insurance policy, I was reading the handbook and under the driving of other cars criteria it says that the car must be roadworthy(nct'd) , but it doesnt mention tax? So I want to know if I would be still covered if this car has nct but doesnt have tax?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Generally yes, but you would need to clarify that with your insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It is an offence to drive a vehicle that is not taxed.

If you're caught driving it you can be prosecuted, and if the tax is out over 2 months, the car can be impounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerd205

seamus wrote: »
    Generally yes, but you would need to clarify that with your insurer.
    Ok , does anyone know if liberty dont require tax?
    Yes im aware that it is an offence , but thats not really what im asking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Tax and insurance are two very different things. You simply cannot legally drive any car without it being taxed. Your insurance cover is a different thing altogether.

If you have any doubt just phone your insurer and ask. It a simple enough thing to do.

Advertisement