Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Sabb external bell box (old type)

Options
  • 24-05-2013 4:53pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement stobe light for an old type HKC external bellbox. this is the bellbox that has the two flashing red lights on the bottom of the bell, from searching through google images, I reckon this is the bell box that i have, but it has a different decay on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's highly unlikely you'll get one if those. They weren't ever meant to be replaceable.

Are you sure it's faulty? Have you checked the that its getting power?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would just be replacing the entire SAB unit?
    What panel is the alarm?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

KoolKid wrote: »
    You would just be replacing the entire SAB unit?
    What panel is the alarm?

It's the hkc 1070 panel, the bell I have is fine, except it no longer lights the strobe, I had a engineer look at it and he confirmed that it was indeed the strobe.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How long is it installed?
    Any global bell could be connected to that. If you are changing it look at the Pyronix Delta Bell.

The 1070 panel only went in today, it replaced and old sw6/10 hkc panel that was originally installed in 1998

• Advertisement

So the external bell is the original?
    Why did you not replace it with the panel?

Ah sorry, no the bell was only put up in 2007 when I changed to new company, old company were no longer around and the tamper was giving trouble on original bell box. This strobe problem only came into it about 12 months ago, we originally felt that it may have been a problem with the panel but it was only when I put in the 1070 today and the problem was still there. Look I know the easiest solution is to just replace with a new bell, however Im not keen on a blank white bell without any decals on it.

Did you self install this?
    If you want a delta bell screened lid give me a shout.
    I've box's of them, I'll happily give you one FOC

Ah that's a very kind offer, thank you very much. I'll be in touch with you.

Your welcome.
    A blank bell doesn't look great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement stobe light for an old type HKC external bellbox. this is the bellbox that has the two flashing red lights on the bottom of the bell, from searching through google images, I reckon this is the bell box that i have, but it has a different decay on it.

If your any good at soldering you could replace the leds in the unit.
    Another option is to add one of these to the bell.

I think it's the strobe he wants to get working not the LEDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I replaced the red LEDs in my Sabb with blue ones .. The strobe on the older bell is much better as it can be easily seen during the day . I've the old bell out the front and the newer at the back .

I might have a stobe module if you need one

That would be great if you, If I can't get one ill probably just replace the whole bell with one of the Pyronix delta bells as suggested by koolkid.

Advertisement