Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much time to do a masters dissertation?

• 24-05-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there a 'statutory/required' minimum time to be given to a student to complete a masters dissertation.

I'm doing a business Masters (fulltime) and we're waiting on proposal approval and a supervisor for the last 4 weeks. Our submission date is Aug 16. It feels really tight time wise (Last years class had between 16-20 weeks)

Some of my classmates are feeling very stressed about it.

What does anyone think??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Surely this is something that should have been sorted out during the second semester. I mean, have you been in communication with potential supervisors yourself before now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Yes, that seems a bit strange. Ours is due in on September 9th and we submitted our proposals in January and had supervisors allocated in February =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Mine was vaguely proposed a number of times as the idea developed but finding a supervisor was very much my responsibility from the beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Should be fit to do it from May-August if you give it your all. I managed one along with working 5 days a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Thanks for the replies.
    I have just received confirmation of my supervisor this evening and have had my proposal passed to proceed to dissertation.

I'll just have to knuckle down so. I prob wouldn't have done much much myself over the past few weeks either way!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement