Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac Job

Options
  • 24-05-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,
    Have been reading through the posts on tarmac jobs, trying to get some info.
    I hope to have my driveway done (I'm in Moycullen).

Based on the feedback here I'm gettin a quote from Creggs and also from Slattery's Tarmac Loughrea. Anybody use Slattery? ( also known as Galway Tarmac)

Croake Concrete is local but am getting runaround i.e. calls not returned etc

Anyone with any advice or experiences to share would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Laboot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I was talking to one of the boys that work with Crokes the last day and he said they were up the walls getting stuff done for communions and confirmation but that they would have nothing on at all in a week or two . So Id say they will return your calls soon enough if you want to keep it local

• Registered Users Posts: 9 laboot

Thanks for the heads up Moy83, I have Slattery coming on Monday for a quote, but will get back in touch with Croake.

Regards,

Laboot

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

When you get quotes, can you tell us how per m2 they are charging ?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

There are 2 familes of Slatterys that do tarmac in Loughrea. John and cant remember the other guys name but he used to sell cars also on the Dublin road. We got some tarmac work done by the 'other' guy about 5 years ago, decent work and has weathered well.

Thanks for the feedback JCB1
    Croake quoted €11 per sq. yd + vat

Getting a breakdown of an estimate by John Slattery on Tuesday.
    His estimate was 15% lower than Croake. Have heard he works on Galway County Council jobs + got feedback from one Loughrea person who had work done and was happy with the job.
    Would like to keep it local but my budget is limited.

Any further info appreciated,

Thanks....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 NoAnswers

Had a quote in past few days off one guy. Does € 9-11 /m2 sound about right for finished tarmac ?
    Advised that was for 50mm with 10 as this was enough for a driveway so sounds about right to me.

Hi Guys,

Just had Slattery's (Galway Tarmac) in and job is completed. Good prep work and very neat finish. Worked out at approx. €9.60 sq.m for 50mm.

Thanks for all the advice and replies.

Laboot

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

laboot wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just had Slattery's (Galway Tarmac) in and job is completed. Good prep work and very neat finish. Worked out at approx. €9.60 sq.m for 50mm.

Thanks for all the advice and replies.

Laboot

Hi Laboot,

Are you still pleased with the results from Slatterys? I am thinking about getting them but am getting mixed reviews about them.

JR6 wrote: »
    Hi Laboot,

Are you still pleased with the results from Slatterys? I am thinking about getting them but am getting mixed reviews about them.

Laboot
    Yes it still looks perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

laboot wrote: »
    Laboot
    Yes it still looks perfect.

Hi Laboot,
    Can you recall whether it was laid by machine or hand?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Quote="cocoman;90043438"]Hi Laboot,
    Can you recall whether it was laid by machine or hand?
    Thanks[/quote]

Laboot
    Machine picked off most of old, then graded, + By hand and steamrolled

Advertisement