Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sewing shop in Tallaght

Options
  • 24-05-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good sewing shop in Tallaght or somewhere near by? I'd rather not have to go into town but if anyone has good recommendations for a place there then I'd probably give it a shot. Got a jacket that cost around 100, the buttons were sewn in very weakly so naturally they're all either hanging off or have already fallen off. I attempted to sew them back on myself but I don't want to try it again. The buttons go diagonally in line with the style of the coat and I don't want to risk messing it up, so if anyone has any recommendations for a sewing shop that could help I'd be really grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Anyone know of a good sewing shop in Tallaght or somewhere near by? I'd rather not have to go into town but if anyone has good recommendations for a place there then I'd probably give it a shot. Got a jacket that cost around 100, the buttons were sewn in very weakly so naturally they're all either hanging off or have already fallen off. I attempted to sew them back on myself but I don't want to try it again. The buttons go diagonally in line with the style of the coat and I don't want to risk messing it up, so if anyone has any recommendations for a sewing shop that could help I'd be really grateful.

Hi did you find somewhere, I'm looking to get some alterations done but can't find anywhere local either.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

It's not in Tallaght but Studio 54 in Sandyford is very good. They're costume/dressmakers and I've used them for alterations and have been very happy. You could try your local dry cleaner as well. They might do alterations or be able to tell you of someone local.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

There's a dry cleaners in the square I think.

The dry cleaners on the bottom level in the square has closed down, they did do alterations. I've been told of a place near Permanent TSB in Tallaght village that does alterations, I'll post back on how I get on.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Payton I've just seen this http://whitewash-laundry.com/services.html might be of some help to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Payton wrote: »
    Hi did you find somewhere, I'm looking to get some alterations done but can't find anywhere local either.

No luck, unfortunately. I have passed by the place in the village but haven't heard any recommendations for it so don't really want to risk it until I know. Let me know how it goes.

The shop I went to is called Zip & Stitch its in unit 3 West Park Gate, Old Bawn Road Tallaght.( between Permanent TSB and O'Reilly Solicitors) I'm happy with the job they done, very friendly.

Advertisement