Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon HD 5970 problem

Options
  • 24-05-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I've noticed a really large drop in fps when I'm playing games, I have no idea what is happening. The only thing I can think of is that I took the card out to clean dust out of it with an air compressor but that wouldn't have caused damage?

I have deleted and reinstalled drivers, still hasn't changed.

In the AMD Catalyst Control Center in the AMD Overdrive tab the specs are as followed:

GPU Clock: 157MHz
    Memory Clock: 300MHz
    Temp: 50c

Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats the active clock? What about the clock setting (on the sliders)

my 5770 is 400Mhz Core and 1200Mhz memory running dualscreen and netflix and posting this. 44C. I don't think my second card is registering properly in catalyst everything is zeroed out except 20% fan speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gamer_Niall

Yes that's my active clock, I turned my computer on this morning and the clock showed the 725Mhz and the 1000Mhz but after 5mins they dropped back down to the 157 and 300 :/

It's normal for video cards to slow down their core and RAM clocks when not under load to save power. But if it stays that way then something's not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gamer_Niall

Any suggestions on what to do?

Can this be moved to the Graphics thread?

Advertisement