Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property receiver taking over an investment Apartment

Options
  • 24-05-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

Quick question.

I got a letter from a Dublin Auctioneer stating that the bank that holds the mortgage to an investment apartment I own in Cork has appointed them as receivers to the property.

They are due to take over the rentals in the next week from the tenants in place.

Anybody know what happens to the furniture and inventory in the apartment.
    I obviously cannot take that stuff out as it is rented on a "furnished" basis.
    The tenants are 6 months into a 1 year lease.

Thanks in advance.

KOL

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Normally the property would be left as-is, nothing would be added or removed from it. In some cases where receivers have been appointed to properties and furniture and fittings removed, the original owners have ended up in court. You don't even have anywhere to store the furnishings, even if it were an option, so just leave it be.

Advertisement